Valued Contributor

At times I watch some fashion shows...usually on mute because I like to concentrate on the fashion and not the vocal banter.  Some hosts have that rolling rack so you can see all of the colors while others have the rack so you see just the front garment.  Some hosts never try on a garment while others are trying on every item presented in every color!  No models?  I find the calmer presentations more informative and I really would prefer seeing models with the clothing walking and moving rather than a host taking the model role.  The off site vendors are just annoying.  You cannot get a good idea of how the garments really look and they never say much that gives added information beyond what is said or shown in studio.  Color names remain a mystery.  Often hosts are really confused.  Maybe a color name tag on each piece would help.  Measurement charts are too confusing when at times it is body measurements and other times garment measurements.  We need colors available, measurements of garment, fabric content presented first before pulling out a pinkish purple top and holding it next to brown pants.    Tend to the garment being sold and let us figure out how to wear it.  And could there be a more rapid presentation and not fifteen minutes on an item.  Finally, all fashion lines are looking alike except for one and I never see anyone in public dressing like that.

Respected Contributor

I didn't watch, I wasn't at all interested 

because...................

I ordered a pair of pants, yes, in stock, and they are processing and processing and processing, it never changes....

Thank goodness I have more than one pair of pants or I would be pantless until either the pair I own gets washed or I would be sitting home pantless because my one order and one pair of pants is still processing.

I came to the conclusion that either they sent my order to the seamstress to get made (hey, that must be it) or they are gathering enough orders for the week and sending someone (maybe a carrier) to go get them from some remote island warehouse they have that no one knows about) and they are on the boat coming to a mainland warehouse to get shipped.

I don't know but something is really odd that one pair of pants and I mean one pair of pants can't get pulled, put in a bag, label secured and sent through the post office for them to transport the package to my house and that will be another 2 wks.

In summary, thank goodness I own more than one pair of pants.    and you think I'm kidding.

Honored Contributor

Gabidog made two very good points.  Label the samples with color names, I've been asking for years.  It is not confidence building to spend five minutes deciding which one is pool and which one is lagoon.  If they are not sure I just don't order.  Second, it seems hosts think suggesting style and color combos is their most important job.  We usually are buying to match something we already own, seldom do I buy that second suggestion they come up with.  

Honored Contributor

I always go online and check out the garments - though many times you don't see much more - but I can get a close-up and look for those things that bother me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion presentations

[ Edited ]

@Gabidog  Thank you for bringing up this important discussion. 

Yes, please first show all the colors, and correctly identify them.   If the item is offered in different length, pants/dresses, please give us those lengths.  I have no problem with the hosts giving other information like what might coordinate with what, but give me the facts first. 

Yes, I know that I can find that information on line, but if I'm scrolling through tv shows I prefer to know that information upfront before making a decision to look or order on line. 

I also agree that most lines resemble each other with perhaps the difference in fabric used. I miss the days when things offered could only be found on the Q and not elsewhere.  

ETA:  Another pet peeve is models wearing jackets/shrugs/sweaters/cardigans over sleeveless/shirt sleeves tops and dresses.  I want to see how the garment hangs on the body.   How big are the armholes, etc?

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

Agree . Can't the models wear a tucked in camisole or top  so that we can all fully appreciate  how the pants look on various size models . Most of the time you can't see the top of the pants or the back because the Models and Hosts are wearing long tops/tunics over them . The Vendors brocasting from home is a mess. The sound  quality is very poor . Agree most of  the Hosts add little.

Respected Contributor

@Gabidog Thank you for this post. I just want to touch on the models again. I watch QVC because of the models showing the styles on the body. As they move and turn I can get a good idea if a garment tugs in the bottom area, flops open when walking, etc. I feel that many of the host problems of not giving crucial information is caused by their distraction of changing garments so much. Have the host select a look from the items in that show and wear it the entire show. Let the models, at least 3, show each of the presented garments as they wear different sizes and colors. Ask the host to say, "Susie is 5'2" and wearing a Medium, Sue is 5' 10" and wearing a Small, Susan is 5'8" and wearing a 1X." Keep the hosts on the task of hosting so we can get the information we need.

Honored Contributor

I think this kinda falls under presentations.

I go crazy trying to figure out what actual color a garment is.

Sometimes I go on line to see the colors but if it's something I really want, I have to think fast....and guess.

I've asked over and over if there was a way they could put on the screen (even if in small letters) what the garment color was.

The colors are given names like "sunset glow".  I'm like...OK, so what color could that possibly be...

They could eliminate some of the words on the TV in the bottom if they'd list what color the manufacturer sees as a 'sunset glow'.

Esteemed Contributor

I probably don't watch enough to critique, but I was in the middle of a major closet overhaul last night and tuned into a Kim Gravel show.

One-third of the screen was Courtney sitting on a stool with a rack of clothes next to her--all is good although much smaller than if she didn't have to share screen real estate.

The middle third was Kim standing much closer to the camera but always holding a garment in front of her.

The last third was Kim's friend--Amy?--even closer to the camera so basically just a head shot. Can someone please chime in with what possible benefit she provides.

I found this format to be distracting and that is a good thing because like I stated, I was in the middle of a big purge.

I feel so much lighter and happier this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion presentations

[ Edited ]

And as I was doing a Q stop during an advertisement while the Courtney/Kim show was on Courtney told Kim to take over while she went and changed from one of Kim's tops into a different one. Why do the hosts have to keep changing their clothes when there are models getting paid to do that job? Amy does this all the time as well. And Shawn sometimes wears item after item on top of each other ala Logo Lori. At least Logo Lori piles on her correct size not forcing herself into 2 sizes too small on top of each other like Shawn.