Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I don't wear anything with rips and holes.......

I get SO ANGRY when I pick up a pair of jeans -- YAY they come in tall -- and I like the color, pull them off the rack and they are all filled with rips and holes. NOPE!

Valued Contributor

I hate wide leg pants, ankle boots with ankle pants (YUCK), men who wear shoes and no socks with a suit, cold shoulder blouses, big flowery tops, plaid pants, bare legs when the legs don't look that great, leggings with short tops unless it's a tiny little 10 year old kid or younger.

Valued Contributor

I cut ALL the labels out of my clothing. Why can't everyone make shirts and blouses without labels??

@Caligurll wrote:

Roll tab shirts.  I like the idea of them but I am continually fussing with them to keep them looking neat.  As a result, don't buy them any more.

Itchy labels on tops. 

Respected Contributor

I hate those labels too and the best tool for dealing with them is a seam ripper. That pointy little end slips under the one or two threads that start the removal process without fear of cutting the fabric (I especially hate them on pretty scarves). This works great.

Image result for seam ripper

Trusted Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

This thread is mostly lists of likes and dislikes.

Everyone has styles they prefer.

I don't care for button up shirts with collars. Turtlenecks (not because I live in AZ). I don't like clothing rubbing against my neck. Ballet flats. Pantyhose.  Beige next to my face. Blazers. Wool because it makes me itch. Pastel colors. Scarves. Round pearls.  Most yellow gold.

All just my own dislikes. Many of these things look fine on other people. 

You're right. 

Ok. Pet peeve.

I agree about tags. I hate hate hate tags in my clothes. I hate it when it's almost  impossible to cut it out without cutting into the fabric. I've cut into sweaters and tops more than once trying to remove a tag. 

Lately, there are huge multiple fabric & care tags sewn into the side seam on sweaters & tops in addition to the neck tag. 

You may want to try pointy nail scissors and make sure you have your glasses or magnifying glass if you need it.  Stick the point underneath the thread and cut the thread.  You can also use a pin or safety pin to pull a seam before you start cutting, and use a blade to make one cut in the thread.  Then pull the thread that was cut with the pin. Easy as lomg as you can see the thread and have patience.

Nope. Some tags are nearly impossible to remove no matter what tools and patience are used. 

Respected Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

Nope. Some tags are nearly impossible to remove no matter what tools and patience are used. 

@ILTH 

You are correct.  Often times tags are top stitched in or sewn into a seam.. It really drives me nuts when it's a white tag sewn onto a dark garment. 

Respected Contributor

@mnmom wrote:

@jellyBEAN wrote:

My fashion pet peeve is leggings.  They look like thick tights, exposing every nook and cranny.  And then topped off by a big flowy top.  They may be OK for dance class or working out in a gym, but out n about in public I think they are borderline vulgar. 

I like leggings IF the top is long enough to cover the crotch and butt.

My pet peeve is placement prints that say "here are my breasts, here is my uterus," or other anatomical parts!

I am am giggling over the “every nook and cranny” leggings and uterine placement prints! 🤣 (And agree...don’t like them!).

I also dislike half-tucked shirts, voluminous belled sleeves, and keyhole necklines that show my cleavage crack.

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Caligurll wrote:

Roll tab shirts.  I like the idea of them but I am continually fussing with them to keep them looking neat.  As a result, don't buy them any more.

Itchy labels on tops. 

@Caligurll 

My peeve too.  The issue is using the wrong fabrics (hear that SG?) ... the fabrics are too soft to support the rolled cuff, and more often that not, the tab is positioned in the wrong place.

Some of them are not meant to be rolled into neat cuffs.

Honored Contributor

Those tabs dangling inside sleeves, I remove them along with their outside button.

Open front anything, looks unfinished, flies about on a windy day.

No pockets in jackets and pants, men wouldn't accept it so I won't either. Cold shoulders and sleeves.

Polyester.

Frequent Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I used to work with young women who continually chose to wear tight leggings. Unfortunately  wore them often without tops to cover up the rear end. One could see every crack in the front and bottom half. The lace and color of the  scanty panties even showed. They also were  usually overweight so not a good choice. Maybe that fashion trend has changed  ,as it was two years ago .

No, unfortunately, it hasn't changed. I see it all the time and can't believe any self-respecting woman would go out in public like that. Disgusting.