Honored Contributor

Fashion must haves for summer .....?

First thing shown a denim vest - because when it is 100% humidity and 95 degrees this summer we all definitely need an extra layer of clothing to wear. It seems the people who come up with this stuff are so out of touch with real life. Like the simple fact that in the summer people want to wear lightweight clothing and not heavy(like denim) layers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion must haves for summer .....?

Lots of people live where there are cool days in the summer, where it rains a lot, or in the desert or mountains where it is COLD at night. Even in the south sometimes we have cool rainy spells where a denim vest would be welcome. Not everyone lives the same life.

Honored Contributor

On the positive side,a good pair of canvas walking shoes in one of the summer colors everyone is showing. I purchased a pair of Sketchers slip on walking shoes in hot pink -- love them. Very, very comfortable and arch support & the color, believe it or not, goes with quite a few other colors. The best part is they were about $40.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Well, the whole wide world doesn't live in the south or southwest and many of us actually spend most of our days indoors. In the air conditioning, in the frigid air conditioning. And then there are the evenings, when it cools off. I don't care for denim vests but a denim jacket is indeed a summer must-have for me and most of the women I know.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand so many of the posts about wearing denim during Summer. I wear denim jeans all through the seasons and don't find them to be insufferably hot. I am in the mid-west where it gets 100+ degrees with 95% humidity too. During those times I am not spending all day in the heat, but am outdoors for some part of every day, in my jeans. No vests, but definitely jeans, I wear a mid weight jean all year long. We all have our own issues.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I don't wear denim vests or jackets, but isn't it the same thing as wearing a shrug or other type of garment?

Most people aren't sitting out in the sweltering heat - restaurants, stores, offices are freezing with the AC on.

Respected Contributor

I can be seen wearing an extra layer on top at our church early Sunday morning. For some reason the AC is set to Point Barrow Alaska. A vest, sweater, or jacket provides a little extra comfort.

Esteemed Contributor

I do love the wedge sandals, just not too high and not if I'm going to be spending hours on my feet! And, contrary to a lot of opinions, I like stripes if they're done well, a little unusual, and not just plain old stripes. Different widths, good color combinations, they're not so "busy" like florals, although I like those too. I enjoy a Vera Bradley bag in the same color range with some striped tops.

Respected Contributor

I'm a rebel. As soon as someone says "must have" I go in the other direction. Besides, I find wearing vests with my chest problematic, so I avoid them altogether.

Valued Contributor

I purchased a bleached denim shirt to wear with my white jeans/maxi skirts in the summer. I love the way the light denim top looks with white bottoms. I tie it up at the waist. If the denim is a nice lightweight, it's great for summer.