Super Contributor

Fashion items you bought that you love based on board recommendations (not limited to QVC)

Thanks to those of you who steered me in the direction of these two items in particular:   Maroon charm beanie from Nordstrom and Comfortiva plaid sneakers in wine.  I love both of them and have received multiple compliments.  I probably never would have found them on my own.   Maybe you would like to post items you love and have bought based on the suggestions of others.  Happy Holidays!

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion items you bought that you love based on board recommendations (not limited to QVC)

@gellen, and everyone,

Very pleased with and love Martha Stewart embroidered jeans and also Quacker Factory embroidered jeans! So glad I ordered them!

http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_images/224432-Happy-Christmas-Eve-May-Your-Day-Be-Merry-And-Bright.jpg

Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion items you bought that you love based on board recommendations (not limited to QVC)

I bought the barn coat from Orvis, based on @lolakimono's recommendation and love it. It hasn't been too cold here lately so it's been perfect for wearing to do all my running around in.

I also ordered a thermal top with a cute Aztec-type print also by Orvis but I bought it on ebay and ended up sending it back. It was a nice fit and I really liked it but the pattern was crooked along the hemline and it just didn't look right. I believe @Greeneyedlady21 was the one who recommended it and @SilleeMee bought one too. 

As an aside, did you have this issue with yours, @SilleeMee? If I remember right, greeneyedlady sent hers back because of fit issues. 

Honored Contributor

Too many to mention, but ,I love every single thing I have purchased

Esteemed Contributor

A298852    H by Halston Novelty Stitch Turtleneck Sweater in seseme. 

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 9.34.32 AM.png
Respected Contributor

Thank you for those of you who recommended Martha Stewart Jeans.  I bought the embroidered one, and it fits, feels, and looks great!

Honored Contributor

I learned about Talbots here

Honored Contributor

Items on Ebay may be seconds or returns, Ebay sellers don't have access to first quality merchandise.  I have liked every item I bought because of a board recommendation.  They seem more sincere than some of the over-the-top reviews.

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

I bought the barn coat from Orvis, based on @lolakimono's recommendation and love it. It hasn't been too cold here lately so it's been perfect for wearing to do all my running around in.

I also ordered a thermal top with a cute Aztec-type print also by Orvis but I bought it on ebay and ended up sending it back. It was a nice fit and I really liked it but the pattern was crooked along the hemline and it just didn't look right. I believe @Greeneyedlady21 was the one who recommended it and @SilleeMee bought one too. 

As an aside, did you have this issue with yours, @SilleeMee? If I remember right, greeneyedlady sent hers back because of fit issues. 

My Aztec top fits me just right and the print pattern is not crooked. I really like it. @Texasmouse Sorry you had to return yours.Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

I can think of two from @lolakimono. A popcorn sweater from Loft that I bought last winter in the prettiest shade of blue. And a short sleeve mockneck in navy from Gap.

Also this year I treated myself to my first cashmere sweater, a grey ribbed turtleneck Isaac sweater that @SoX posted about. I think it was a primetime special.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"