New Contributor

Has anyone else besides me noticed there is a major decline in information presented during fashion presentations?  I hear many " oh I love it, it's beautiful, I'm buying it" type comments but very few measurement, material weight types of comments. It appears the senior hosts do a much better description dialogue while the newer hosts mainly "gush, ooh and ahh". Also, I do not care to see yoga demos or hear about one's Christian faith during a fashion show. Just adequately describe the article and dispense with the reality show!

Regular Contributor
I hear ya sister!
Honored Contributor

@rosettastone 

I have not noticed ANY NEW decline...or change....they haven't given a lot of info for eons now.

There is NO way they are going to ramble off the entire size chart.  Can't be done.

I usually hear who is wearing what size...and how tall they are.  

I usually hear the length also for petite, reg or talls.

I usually hear the fabric content at least once.

That's why i shop online 99% of the time and check the garment size chart....which isn't always correct either.

Hosts are instructed to say what they say....

Respected Contributor

thankfully i need little to no info.......

-product is very basic and mainstream

-most of the lines have been around for yrs and i already know what they r gonna say

-i've been buying and dressing myself for several decades and know what works for me

-if something interests me i go the product listing to view and buy

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

'One thing I know for sure' is that the 'other' sister channel needs to focus/zoom in onto the various prints and fabrics.

The Q does a good job. 

Sometimes the hosts encourage the camera person/control room person to 'come in close' / zoom into the fashion item.  

'All in all', camera-wise, job well done.

Yes, I, too, like the hosts to describe all or most of the colors in each of the prints/ fashion choices

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Totally agree!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Fashion info

[ Edited ]

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

thankfully i need little to no info.......

-product is very basic and mainstream

-most of the lines have been around for yrs and i already know what they r gonna say

-i've been buying and dressing myself for several decades and know what works for me

-if something interests me i go the product listing to view and buy

@TheMemphisVette  were you on the HSN boards back in around 2016-17 before they closed.  The name rings a bell. I was on there As Florida321 or something like it.  If so do you remember "kemiqueen"? A beautiful young girl who loved makeup. It was certainly fun back then.  It was my first chat room.  Oh and the "shop till ya dtop thread".  The lady was so nice.  A tragedy what happened to her and husband. 

And "the velveteen Rabbit" I think.  lot's of drama. lol.

Honored Contributor

@rosettastone wrote:

Has anyone else besides me noticed there is a major decline in information presented during fashion presentations?  I hear many " oh I love it, it's beautiful, I'm buying it" type comments but very few measurement, material weight types of comments. It appears the senior hosts do a much better description dialogue while the newer hosts mainly "gush, ooh and ahh". Also, I do not care to see yoga demos or hear about one's Christian faith during a fashion show. Just adequately describe the article and dispense with the reality show!

If you read the boards you'd know there are the same complaints as yours, which you probably already knew.

Respected Contributor

Maybe this is a situation where new Artificial Intelligence programs might be put to use?

Trusted Contributor

The videos are the main reason I buy from QVC. To buy online, I need as much information as I can get. The click here measurements are also extremely important. I hope QVC knows the value of these two differentiators. The ratio of empty adjectives to facts declined a few years ago, and I assume that's a strategic decision. Even the older presenters do less of that, so probably I'm the outlier here, wanting to know everything I can about the seaming, the hand of the fabric, the details of the cut, etc.