Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion host today 5pm to midnight?

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I thought Alberti did a fantastic job, as he always does [especially when hosting alone].

@Caaareful Shopper What did you find fantastic about it?

@NYCLatinaMe  Alberti has a natural charm about him that makes his presence welcoming when selling.  He does his homework, very important to me.  In addition, he has a wonderful respect and chemistry with the vendors, especially Lori.  By the way, I shop -- I bought the Skechers espadrilles with the help of Albert's presentation.  

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I thought Alberti did a fantastic job, as he always does [especially when hosting alone].

@NYCLatinaMe  Alberti has a natural charm about him that makes his presence welcoming when selling.  He does his homework, very important to me.  In addition, he has a wonderful respect and chemistry with the vendors, especially Lori.  By the way, I shop -- I bought the Skechers espadrilles with the help of Albert's presentation.  

I am glad you like his charm and chemistry, and that this works for you.  We look for different things when we shop.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I am glad you like his charm and chemistry, and that this works for you.  We look for different things when we shop.

@NYCLatinaMe   Yes, apparently we do; and of course his detail in doing his homework, as I mentioned.  

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

I want to see him present the TSV bras.

Really? They will have a woman host do that. Why would you want Alberti to do it? Do you just want to see him embarrassed? Why is everyone being so mean to Alberti today?

Not everyone is being mean.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Valued Contributor

Alberti is a great all-around host/presenter

Valued Contributor

I did see Alberti do a bra presentation on Sun morn amongst other things. He did fine, just as expected. I think he stepped in for Carolyn.

He was okay on Mon night. A little boring for me, because of the clothes presented, but he did explain more than just colors. 

Trusted Contributor

Alberti did an awesome job. He needs to take over this show. Love him!!! Very professional, and informative . 

Honored Contributor

He's OK for a host.  

The fact is, I think QVC became over-zealous when they fired so many hosts at once.

Many of the very famous designers are males.  I know we all have our likes and dislikes.  

I'd rather see the designers talking about their clothes and the hosts guiding them to keep on point and talk about the garment's in's and out's (so to speak).

Oh!  Wait!  Am I experiencing Deja Vu?  I THINK there was a time when QVC did that.   A time when they spent more than 2 minutes on a piece of clothes.  I know time is money, but come on!  I sometimes feel dizzy at how fast things are presented.  I also remember when the hour was up and/or during the hour, the host would take a few minutes to review the items presented in that hour.

When I worked, I made a lot of my own clothes, as I think some other's did also.  When you understand how simple most of QVC's clothes are made, you appreciate the variances that a well made garment can incur and, for the most part don't mind paying a few extra dollars for it.

I'm speaking about things like darts at the bustling.  It can make a flat chested woman look so much better.

I'm terrible about remembering names, so I hope the person will forgive me for not giving them the accolades they deserve.  However the person posted that QVC clothes all are straight lines with very little "design" given to 

I have found myself laughing out loud when the hosts make such a big deal (even thanking the person representing the garment) for matching up the stripes!

Duh...I would hope so!

Esteemed Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

They saved it for Courtney...

Of course thay did. What did you expect?

I saw Alberti present the bras, @RealtyGal2 . He knew as much about them as he does about fashion. 

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

Really? They will have a woman host do that. Why would you want Alberti to do it? Do you just want to see him embarrassed? Why is everyone being so mean to Alberti today?

It is just another article of clothing, and I doubt that he would be embarrassed. He has presented them before.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky