Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion host today 5pm to midnight?

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe  I stand corrected.  Alberti is still going strong hosting solo in Fashion's Night In. No Courtney tonight I guess.

I have been coming in and out and heard him say Courtney would be joining at 9PM.  Haven't checked in since before then.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@BirkiLady @Janey2 If you want to watch TV to listen to the English language, there are a lot better choices than QVC.  The vocabulary in QVC is extremely limited and the syntax is a horror.  You can do better.

The only reason I watch QVC is to SEE the fashion, and I question Alberti's ability to demonstrate it adequately.  I want to see the garments in action, understand the materials, the fit and the sizing.

@NYCLatinaMe  I can apply your second paragraph to a few QVC female hosts who are the regular hosts of several weekly QVC fashion shows. 

Honored Contributor

The mean girls are out tonight. 🙄

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

there will be other hosts.

this type of incomplete posted schedule has happened many many times.

yep

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

I want to see him present the TSV bras.

They saved it for Courtney...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish that they had brought in Jen or Katrina to co-host with Courtney.  It is a long show and really needs two hosts.

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Give me Alberti over Shawn anyway. I can watch all evening instead of turning it off at 10:00 .

Yassssssss!!!   I totally agree.

How many times have we (or just me?) said "let the models show the garments?"  Alberti does great on fashion shows, demonstrating that we don't need the hosts to model every garment.

I find him charming and refreshing!

Esteemed Contributor

@mnmom wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Give me Alberti over Shawn anyway. I can watch all evening instead of turning it off at 10:00 .

Yassssssss!!!   I totally agree.

How many times have we (or just me?) said "let the models show the garments?"  Alberti does great on fashion shows, demonstrating that we don't need the hosts to model every garment.

I find him charming and refreshing!

I am glad for you that you enjoy watching him, but I am not, only watch for the fashions.  I really don't need to see him moving the hangers around.  How many minutes of his four hours were spent showing the clothes on models?

Respected Contributor

I looked in while Alberti was on and think he did a really good job.  He gives lots of information about the actual item and I like that.  Don't have a problem with him hosting fashion.   I learned more from him than from hosts asking silly questions of the vendors and models.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

Geeze, kinda harsh don't cha' think?

What else is he supposed to do, since he obviously can't model the fashions, he tries to give accurate descriptions and sizing info.

What am I missing?

Hi @KingstonsMom I was hoping someone would tell me the program guide was wrong.  Another poster mentioned she didn't think Alberti would hosting alone, but she was guessing.  But that was helpful.  I would think QVC would have a host that could do a better job with fashion than Alberti does.  But maybe it doesn't.  People comment about hosts they like and don't like all the time.  I don't have to watch if I don't like the programming, but I can ask if someone has better information than I do about the programming.

Unfortunately that is what happens when you criticize a popular host for no apparent reason. You seem to be more interested in bashing Alberti than verifying the schedule so don't play the victim now because other posters see what you are really doing. Fans of that host will come to their defense.You can call CS to verify the schedule. Smiley Happy