Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion host today 5pm to midnight?

there will be other hosts.

this type of incomplete posted schedule has happened many many times.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Give me Alberti over Shawn anyway. I can watch all evening instead of turning it off at 10:00 .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Alberti is an excellent, calm, professional host who is able to sell anything. Can you imagine Rick trying to sell some of the women's products? He couldn't or wouldn't make half the sales that Alberti does. Rick's  embarrassment would be too funny (and QVC knows that!) for live TV. 

Some salespeople are able to sell specific things; others, like Alberti, are able to effortlessly move into any area and SELL. I also enjoy Alberti's use of the English language and his immaculate appearance which is far more than I'm able to say for SK.

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

Geeze, kinda harsh don't cha' think?

What else is he supposed to do, since he obviously can't model the fashions, he tries to give accurate descriptions and sizing info.

What am I missing?

Hi @KingstonsMom I was hoping someone would tell me the program guide was wrong.  Another poster mentioned she didn't think Alberti would hosting alone, but she was guessing.  But that was helpful.  I would think QVC would have a host that could do a better job with fashion than Alberti does.  But maybe it doesn't.  People comment about hosts they like and don't like all the time.  I don't have to watch if I don't like the programming, but I can ask if someone has better information than I do about the programming.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I think Alberti is fine hosting fashion. I'll probably watch. Louis Dellolio was excellent doing his fashion shows. No host needed then.

Wow, @proudlyfromNJ, you don't know the difference between Louis Dell'Olio and Alberti? 

Also, LDO had the assistance of models when he discussed design, materials, fit and styling.  I have never seen Alberti do any of this.  He usually just moves the hangers and tells us about the colors and what is selling.  Many times without models.

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady @Janey2 If you want to watch TV to listen to the English language, there are a lot better choices than QVC.  The vocabulary in QVC is extremely limited and the syntax is a horror.  You can do better.

The only reason I watch QVC is to SEE the fashion, and I question Alberti's ability to demonstrate it adequately.  I want to see the garments in action, understand the materials, the fit and the sizing.

Respected Contributor

I love Alberti.  When I know he is hosting, I always watch the show.  He is warm, kind, funny and professional.  He knows his stuff.  Another great asset to the Q.

Honored Contributor

I probably won't be able to watch until the show at seven.

Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

Is Alberti Popaj really hosting fashions today from 5PM to midnight?  That is what is on the schedule.  With limited models, this will be a long evening.  I guess I'll turn off after Logo.

If you plan on turning it off at a certain time, why did you feel the need to post four more times just to criticize the host that you don't intend to watch?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

good thing is he won't be wasting time climbing into the clothes for sale.

LOL