Esteemed Contributor

Fashion from those pop up ads

Saw this tie dye dress this morning and went to the site.  I know these places are notoriously misleading and often ship from overseas....cheap material, small sizing.  Yet, I liked the tie dye.

Anyone have any luck with ANY of these places?  I doubt I'd ever order, but they always have such unusual things.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion from those pop up ads

Just ordered THIS from Zulily.........I LOVE tie-dye!  It's not a print--hand dyed.   Yes, from "overseas"....... Keeping my fingers crossed............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I've found most of my tie dye on ebay.....lots there. Just check for good feedback and check the sizing carefully. I've been very happy with all the tie dye I've ordered there from dresses to bathing suits.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

As you said, many of these overseas clothing sites are very disappointing, in quality, sizing and actually looking/fitting like what's represented online.

I would Google reviews on the particular site that you're thinking of ordering from.

We've all seen those videos regarding what the online showed for the item ordered vs. what was actually received..

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I don't blame you for being tempted.  That dress is darling.  I'm tempted too. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I asked because several months ago there was a similar discussion and someone was ordering something.

Cannot remember the outcome.

Many years back, I ordered a few tops and, when they arrived, the fabric was wretched, thin, terribly sewn and the sizing was for a doll!  I think I actually returned them and got a refund, but it took a while.

So, I know better and will NOT order.

If I've really got to have that dress (and I don't), I'll look for it elsewhere Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't blame you for being tempted.  That dress is darling.  I'm tempted too. 

@Kachina624 

Macy's-

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman 

Macy's has this one-

Honored Contributor

This was just featured on a tv show. They ordered from several sites from these pop-up ads.  None of what they received was even close to what was shown.

One seller they complained to texted them back:  "LOL - Noob!"

I consider all these pop-ups as click bait.

Trusted Contributor

I'm out. Here's the thing--every time I look for reviews of these off-brand vendors, I hear:

1. the pictures are not representative of the clothing at all,

2. the items received may be different shades or fabrics,

3. the items never arrived or can't be returned/exchanged, and

4. the sizing is unpredictable at best. 

I'm sure that's not true of all such sellers. But getting a garment with a good cut, well-made out of good fabric, at a fraction of the price you'd see anywhere else--that's just so unlikely. These sellers know how such garments should be priced. So I assume these advertisements are too good to be true. 

I have bought two such items. One was a maxi dress that was supposed to be linen in a fit and flare style with a stand-up collar, bought via Amazon. What I got was some kind of synthetic fabric that didn't even look like linen, a scoop neck, and sleeves that were so tight I could barely get into them--though the rest of the dress was quite loose. My other experience was with something from Zulily. It was the style I expected, but again, the measurements bore no relationship to the specifications on the website. Neither were returnable or wearable. Lesson learned.