Valued Contributor

Re: Fashion from “To Sir, With Love”

In Junior High I had a skirt the same style as Lulu is wearing in the stills from the film.  It was brown and I wore a deep pink poor boy Tshirt with it.  Poor boys had rib knitting and I have no idea why the tops got that name.  I had pink lipstick from Yardley whose cosmetics where huge in the 60s in Southern California.  It was very light and frosted but I never wore the white lipstick.

My 8th grade graduation dress was similar to Judy Geeson's lacy white dress, A-line lace with a band around the neck and cuffs.

My sister and I saw the movie in the theater and just loved it.  We still love Lulu and that song.  I couldn't wait to go to London and finally visited about 15 years later.

Respected Contributor

Highly agree this was a fantastic movie and that theme song really gets to me.  And I don't think it won the Oscar for Best Theme Song either - should have in my opinion.

Anyway, I was a tad young in '67 so the only fashion I recall seeing here were the white go-go boots.  Of course, I had a pair of those.  Loved them.

Also this was Britain where the mod styles became "the" style sooner than in America.  I also don't think I could ever get my straight hair to poof out like that.  I was more Ali McGraw/Love Story than the BeeHive/Bouffant look.  I always thought the lead blonde girl was very pretty and loved Lulu.  Will forever remember her version of that song.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

O/P:  Same here!

All I recall is that women were fairly 'covered up'.  

Blouses with ties, etc.

I believe office workers were very conservative, dress-wise.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Anyone remember when Twiggy hit the fashion scene? Quite a blast in my high school.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of Twiggy, I'd love to see her and her fashions here at QVC!

Remotely would be fine.  She might be interested in being on a show via remote.

Love her present day fashions and her demeanor.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).