Honored Contributor

Fashion from Mango

[ Edited ]

Here is another good store.  It's called Mango.  Unlike Zara, it''s cloathing are designed.  Their front model is Kate Moss. Only two stores (so far) in the U.S. New York & Texas.  But they have a nice website.  They are global.  It's listed as an upscale store.

Ruffled print dress:  $169.99

Ruffled printed dress - General plane

Ruffled cotton Blouse  $99.00

Ruffled cotton blouse - Medium plane

LOVE this  Faux leather snake jacket  only $79.00

Snake biker jacket - Medium planeDon't see the skirt, but its super cute together.

Sheepskin jacket.  The real thing  $119.00

Sheepskin jacket - Medium plane

Contrast lapel coat  also $119.00

Contrast lapels coat - Medium plane

Belted wool coat  $169.00

Belted wool coat - General plane

Hooded faux fox fur jacket  (nice!!!) only $99.00

Hooded faux fur jacket - General plane

I really like their coats a lot.  Natural fibers will be around $200.00.  Synthetics a lot cheaper.

Wool blend Poncho  $149.00

Knit wool-blend poncho - General plane

Honored Contributor

It's very '80's inspired, isn't it?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like the designs except for the cowboy boots in the first picture.  Everything else has an appeal for me, love the white blouse.  

Respected Contributor

"Designed"? nothing original here. that cream ruffled top was a big look in the late 70s, the dress looks like a Lanz of Salzburg nightgown and the wrap coat very Halston

Honored Contributor

No one designs Zara's clothing...???????   It just appears on the racks by magic?

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird 

Actually Mango the is on the very Wikipedia fast fashion list you referred to in your "Zara" post.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion from Mango

[ Edited ]

@magicmoodz wrote:

@songbird 

Actually Mango the is on the very Wikipedia fast fashion list you referred to in your "Zara" post.

It's shown as Fast fashion, but I think they have changed to an upscale with a designer. Their wikipedia describes them as upscale. They hired Kate Moss as their "muse" (really a face for their clothes)   Like Zara, it started in Spain.  Prices and clothes qualtiy are much higher then Zara.  I plan to buy a coat from them. 

Respected Contributor

The dress and blouse remind me of the 'Prairie Look'.  Does anyone remember that?  Had to be around the mid-80's. 

I too like the coats a lot.  Love the sheepskin jacket but I don't think that's real, looks faux to me but that's OK.  Like a couple of the other jackets too.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I like a couple of the jackets and the wrap coat.  I've never heard of Mango but will check them out.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

This is another retailer headquartered in Spain, a direct competitor of Zara with annual sales of about $1.7 billion.  Zara is over $8 billion.   Their clothing styles, website, and pricing are so similar, some people have said Zara must own Mango.  

They're carrying a plaid jacket with fringe at the bottom exactly like one Zara had last year at the same price.  

A problem I have with Mango is fabric composition and how it's described.  For example a wool coat, when it's 70% polyester, 30% wool.  Although, I do like quite a bit of their clothing.