Honored Contributor

I'm heading there next week for a few days. Any advice as to what to wear and take. I'm not sure what the weather will be like in early November. I'll be flying, so I have to be careful about what I pack. Also, it's been a few (15) years since I was there last!  TIA!

Super Contributor

Re: Fashion for Disney World

I got back from Disney last night.  I was there for 4 days.  The high yesterday was 84, the other days were around 80 and sunny.  We were at the parks and I wore capri pants with an elbow length top and was comfortable in the sun.  I saw people in shorts and also jeans with tee shirts and they didn't seem hot.  We went directly from the parks over to Disney Springs for dinner.  Over there it's casual so you don't need to dress up.  It was chilly in the evening dropping to under 60 degrees and there was a wind so a light jacket was needed.  We took swim suits but didn't use them, it never felt warm enough to swim.  It didn't warm up until later in the day and Disney doesn't have heated pools.  The pools had people in them, especially kids who don't seem to mind cooler water temps.  Hopefully you are going to the Food and Wine Festival, the foods we tasted were very good.

Respected Contributor

Comfortable shoes!!! If you are going to be walking for many hours in the park you might want one pair to carry and switch off after 4 or so hours. Shoes with socks...not flip flops or sandals. My toes have been stepped on and ridden over by strollers so many times there. Carry band aids in your purse. Also, I would carry some cleaning type wipes for your hands.

People wear anything and everything. I would carry a light sweater, wear jean capris and 3/4 length or long sleeve tops that have push up sleeves. Be sure to pack sun screen and a sun hat. Check the weather of course.

Clothes with pockets are handy and a cross body light purse will leave your hands free.

If it should rain you can buy a poncho in the park.

I have never been to Disney in November and wonder if it will be decorated for the holidays. Have a wonderful time!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Being a native Floridian, I can assure you that we never know what the weather will be like in November either!

The long range forecast says it will be 60-85 degrees and sunny. Sounds like some of those days when you can be standing in the sun, out of the wind and burn up OR you can be standing in the shade in the cold wind and be cold.  LOL

I would bring closed, comfortable shoes, long (ankle) lightweight pants and tops with sleeves and a vest and a light jacket! I think vests are great when the wind is cold but not the general temperature plus you can always top them with a jacket if needed.

Enjoy the happiest place on Earth!

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom

Have a safe, fun trip!  I'm jealous LOL!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Warm during the day - 80s

Cool at night - 60s

Chance of a shower sometime.

If it were me, I'd dress for the 80s, bring something with sleeves for after dark/evening.

And a light rain coat/jacket.

No matter the weather, just ENJOY

@beach-mom wrote:

I'm heading there next week for a few days. Any advice as to what to wear and take. I'm not sure what the weather will be like in early November. I'll be flying, so I have to be careful about what I pack. Also, it's been a few (15) years since I was there last!  TIA!

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom  -  I just returned from a week at Disney World.  Check the weather channel, because you never know what the weather will do.  It was hot and sunny for some of the days (85 deg.), but Sat. the weather was cool, sunny, and pleasant (low 70's).  I wore shorts and tee shirts on the warmer days, but a thin long sleeved tee on Sat. along with shorts.  Wear comfortable tennis shoes!!!  I'd pack a light jacket or sweater, at night it can feel cool.

You may also want to pack a thin long sleeve tee that could go under a regular tee, should the weather turn cool.  If you don't want to schlep around jackets and plan to be at the park all day, you can rent a locker at the front of the park.  Have a wonderful time!  Hope you get to go to the Halloween Party, we did that again this year and have a blast!

Respected Contributor

Have a "Great Trip" beach-mom!

1.  Very Good "Sunscreen"

2.  "Comfortable Walking Shoes / Sneakers"

3.  Sunglasses

All the regulars summer items...Shorts, tops, capri's.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I am going to be there next week too...LOL

Honored Contributor

A fanny pack or back pack for your money since it's impossible to hold on to a handbag and do things and a hat to keep from burning your face.  Also, wear sun screen.