Honored Contributor

Fashion delivery cycles; Fall is coming in with winter close behind! What will you need?

Yes, we're in the midst of summer!  (We also had snow when bathing suits arrived!). 

Got out my list of needed items from last fall winter.  Have some skirts to buy, esp. a long straight black one and some closed toe shoes that will be good for standing.  I always love to check out the scarves and will probably redo some thick cotton turtlenecks and check out the new sweaters!

What do you recall needing? What do you seem to pick up every year?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion delivery cycles; Fall is coming in with winter close behind! What will you need?

Number one, that is a very pretty font you chose!

I need shoes. I always need shoes. I need something like a Louis or kitten heel that will look good but not feel like my usual stilts! Love my 4-inch-ers but like choices when the day is going to be long.

And, I need a few new cashmere sweaters as mine are getting threadbare. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion delivery cycles; Fall is coming in with winter close behind! What will you need?

Really just need a couple pairs of Levi's, as most if not all of my current ones are now too big for me. It's hard to take jeans in and have them still look right. If I were still in the work force, I would need much more.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

I need a couple of pairs of dressy pants for the office -- black for sure, and either grey or camel (or both).  Would love a new cashmere sweater in dark green or camel since I haven't bought one in a couple of years, but wonder how much use I'll get out of it due to recurring hot flash issues.

Not a need, but I would love to get my hands on the Rebecca Minkoff moto hobo shown in the Nordstrom sale catalog.  I believe the color is called port and it is gorgeous.  And it has all of the features I want.

I really need to avoid buying boots this year.  I have enough!

Honored Contributor

I recently cleaned my closet and need absolutely nothing for any season.  I'll have to curb my wants.

Honored Contributor

What's your style girl?  I'm fashion forward and have found Fly London perfect.  Under slacks they look like a pump but with a skirt very chic'.

@gardensla wrote:

Number one, that is a very pretty font you chose!

I need shoes. I always need shoes. I need something like a Louis or kitten heel that will look good but not feel like my usual stilts! Love my 4-inch-ers but like choices when the day is going to be long.

And, I need a few new cashmere sweaters as mine are getting threadbare. 

What's your style?  Classic, modern?

I like Fly London being in retail, after teaching especially.  The toe is traditional under skacks and fashion forward under skirts!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vac wrote:

I need a couple of pairs of dressy pants for the office -- black for sure, and either grey or camel (or both).  Would love a new cashmere sweater in dark green or camel since I haven't bought one in a couple of years, but wonder how much use I'll get out of it due to recurring hot flash issues.

Not a need, but I would love to get my hands on the Rebecca Minkoff moto hobo shown in the Nordstrom sale catalog.  I believe the color is called port and it is gorgeous.  And it has all of the features I want.

I really need to avoid buying boots this year.  I have enough!

If you're not getting boots and you're being selective, don't search all over for something "almost" right!  You'll never be happy!  Get that right thing and love it!

Honored Contributor

I need cords, more cords.  I can't get enough cords (lol).

PS - It never made it out of the 60 degree range here today.  I could have worn cords :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Jeans. Short boots. That is all I really need. Now, what I will buy is probably a different story... I say every season - "all I need is .......". I guess that is not the same as " all I want is......." - what I really need is a bigger closet!!
-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I actuallly don't need anything at all for winter.  I feel very fortunate.  Doesn't mean I won't buy anything for winter, but I don't need anything.

I've lost alot of weight and everything in my closet is brand new or close to brand new.  

I definitely don't "need" any pants.  I don't work anymore and wear jeans all the time.  I have a few pairs of cords and a few pairs of chinos and, to be honest, hardly ever wear those.

I have way too many tops as it is, mostly for summer so I'm sure I'll buy a few sweaters/winter knit tops, but that should be it.

I'm all set for shoes.  I wore my Merrells Dassie Slides ALL last winter so I added a second color of those.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?