Contributor

Fashion brands on southern channel, reviews please.

Can someone give a review on the different fashion brands on the southern channel?  Susan graver is compared to____________.  Denm and company  and co is compared to _________.  Stay away from ___________.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion brands on southern channel, reviews please.

Fortunately, there is no match for The Queen of All Things Polyester.

Respected Contributor

What is the southern channel? I have never heard of it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't answer about those brands but I highly recommend Iman, Nikki Poulis, and Wendy Williams. 

And I also like some Serena Williams items. 

Regular Contributor

@libbyannE, she means HSN.

@Bellagio, I own a few Marla Wynne pieces, they are nice but a bit pricey.  Have to be on sale for me to purchase.  Some of Antthony's sweaters are really nice, I own a couple of those.  Not so much for his regular tops, the fabric tends to be very thin and not flattering on me.

I have stayed away from Diane Gilman for a while, I own a few of her jeans, but I'm over them.  She keeps "reinventing" the denim fabric she uses (Super Stretch is awful to me, feels like scratchy rubber if that makes any sense).  Seems like every time she is on there is a new "world launch" of some new fabulous denim that is a "revolution".

G by Giuliana - I like her jeans for the most part, they're not my favorites.  I own a couple of her tops and jackets and like them.

NeNe Leakes - I own a couple of her pieces from when she first came to HSN.  I don't really care for most of her newer things (extreme high-low hems, yuck).

Serena Williams makes some darling casual things, I really like her line a lot.

Slinky may be along the same lines as SG.  I have tried some pieces in the past but no more.  There's something about the cut of the pants that is not flattering on me.  Designs tend to look the same over and over, nothing new.

Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

Marla Wynne

Iris Apfel

Iman

Sigrid Olsen

Respected Contributor

@Kat 213 wrote:

@Bellagio, I own a few Marla Wynne pieces, they are nice but a bit pricey.  Have to be on sale for me to purchase.  Some of Antthony's sweaters are really nice, I own a couple of those.  Not so much for his regular tops, the fabric tends to be very thin and not flattering on me.

I have stayed away from Diane Gilman for a while, I own a few of her jeans, but I'm over them.  She keeps "reinventing" the denim fabric she uses (Super Stretch is awful to me, feels like scratchy rubber if that makes any sense).  Seems like every time she is on there is a new "world launch" of some new fabulous denim that is a "revolution".

G by Giuliana - I like her jeans for the most part, they're not my favorites.  I own a couple of her tops and jackets and like them.

NeNe Leakes - I own a couple of her pieces from when she first came to HSN.  I don't really care for most of her newer things (extreme high-low hems, yuck).

Serena Williams makes some darling casual things, I really like her line a lot.

Slinky may be along the same lines as SG.  I have tried some pieces in the past but no more.  There's something about the cut of the pants that is not flattering on me.  Designs tend to look the same over and over, nothing new.

Hope this helps!

@Kat 213

Thank you. I have never the southern channel! 

Regular Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Kat 213 wrote:

@Kat 213

Thank you. I have never the southern channel! 

I learned that on these boards! I had never heard it referred to that way, either.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kat 213  You are so right about Diane Gilman. Also, Marla Wynne is nice, and G by Guiliana too. NeNe has a big following. I bought a few pieces but they didn't hold up well for me.  I'm not a fan of Slinky. Also, Melissa McCarthy makes pieces for all sizes. I just got a top on sale and it is nice. 

I've purchased a lot of clothes from HSN. They used to have the spendable Kash for return shipping so trying them is no risk. At least that allowed me to find my correct sizes. They have great clearance prices. 

Contributor

Thanks so much!