Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion and Actresses In Sex And The City Movies

LOVED that show and most of the clothes!  One of m favorites was Carrie's summery butterfly dress.  So pretty.  I still watch the reruns, when I can find them.

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I liked Carrie and wanted to be her. I can identify with her physical size and loved all the fashions she wore, the shoes were to die for. I didn't find Big attractive though, too much guy physically for my taste.I loved it when she was seeing the little Russian, but I knew that would never last. The other women were ok, but I feel like Carrie carried the show. No the actress does not have the prettiest face in the business, but she has the best face. Oh, and I always loved her hair styles.

I agree with a lot of what you said though i never wanted to be her, LOL.  I LOVED Big!  I loved that storyline and the entire show.  I also loved some of her fashions, and she could pull of just about anything.

I think she's absoulely adorable.  She seems like such a nice person, she doesn't appear to be a phony and I think she's very stylish and cute!

Carrie was my favorite and Mr. Big was my 2nd favorite on the show.  

Another Big fan here!  I thought the Carrie/Big combination was the best in terms of on-screen chemistry and story line.  Big was also the best looking and most appealing of Carrie's companions.  That Russian and Aidan (sp?) were boring, and the show just dragged when they were on.  Maybe it was all the drama around Carrie and Big that made their portion of the show so good. 

I thought the four main characters were all great actresses and very funny, but I didn't really relate to any of them.  I don't remember wanting to copy their style.  I could never walk in the shoes Carrie wore as beautiful as they were. 

My favorite scene of the entire series was when Carrie turned 35.  At the end of the night, she walked up her porch stairs and let go of a balloon.  It was a beautiful shot watching her go into her house as the balloon floated away. 

That was a quality show.  I never liked the movies very much.  Somehow the TV show was better.

Honored Contributor

I liked all the characters, but was most interested in Carrie's & Samantha's story lines. In terms of style I definitely related to the classic styles worn by Charlotte & Miranda. 

Respected Contributor

Another Mr. Big fan here.  He was exactly right for Carrie.  Aiden was sweet and I've always loved Baryshnikov  (the movie White Nights!), but neither one had the right chemistry with Carrie.

My favorite Carrie outfit was the one she wore to have dinner with Big before he left for Napa.  The night Mitanda had her baby.  Those shoes!  To die for!

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

I just loved this show!  I bought the complete series and movies.

I could never wear the fashion or shoes, just not me.  Each character had enduring and fun qualities.  I loved them all.

I also loved Lipstick Jungle with Brooke Shields.  It only lasted 2 seasons.  Smart, well-dressed, powerful women with their self-made relationship and work troubles.

Honored Contributor

I dress most like Samantha in SITC.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  Wow you dress like Samantha; I'm impressed!

(I couldn't find this thread until I signed in.)

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Trusted Contributor

@Mary Bailey  I never saw Lipstick Jungle but isn't that another one of

Candace Bushnell's books?  I also own the entire series and multiples of the movies (I was always afraid I'd get a scratch and then they would be extinct).  I also ordered all the music I could find from the series and the movies. 

I just looked up all her books and didn't realize she was so prolific; now I know what else to check out from the library!Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Contributor

I love that show! If I had one able to watch the rest of my life - that would be it. Carrie was my favorite. I liked Miranda too. All of them were great. So funny how so many people like Big. I thought he was such a jerk much of the time. I liked Aiden and the chemistry they had. They were so cute together. Berger was fun too before he had a meltdown. Season 4 is my favorite. Season 6 then. I am not a big fan of seasons 1 and 2. The fashion was very "90s" and they were so over the top with story lines.
Honored Contributor

I never liked Carrie - she treated Aidan badly to say the least, she was possessive of Big though she had no right to be,she was demanding of him all the time, though she had no right to be - he never made any committment to her. I loved Miranda - she had faults but was the most real character I think. Charlotte was judgemental and prissy though I liked her a lot more after she was with Harry. Samantha - I have nothing against anyone having sex just for the fun of it but anyone IRL who had as many men & women as she did would very soon find herself with some very serious diseases. She was just too over the top. All in all I enjoyed the show and the movies. Of all the men they had I liked Smith and Harry.