Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion and Actresses In Sex And The City Movies

@seedpie wrote:

I liked them all as characters.  They were all different, much as my friends and I are.  I dress most like Carrie because I like to put different things together, and it usually looks  OK.  One thing I can't figure out is where she kept all those clothes in her apartment.  One summer I was watching a lot of reruns and kept getting the urge to buy shoes.  I bought some and told the salesman I was watching too many reruns of Sex in the City.  He got a laugh out of that.  Actually my vice is purses, and has been since I was a child.

@seedpie: Not to be an enabler, but have you seen the Handbags Are a Girl's Best Friend thread? Woman Happy

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Ah, my alltime favorite show.

Carrie was and is my style icon.  My hair is similar-wild and curly and I could always identify with her picking the wrong guys!

I've copied some of her jewelry looks from the show.  Although she is not traditionally beautiful, her looks are unique and interesting and I find that much more attractive than traditional beauty.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

Kim Cattrall turned 60 years old yesterday. 

Patricia Field dressed the ladies on the show with almost all clothes from vintage stores.

Super Contributor

Kim will be forever young.

Respected Contributor

I watched it occasionally with my daughter - she LOVED that show and I might add she LOVED Carrie's shoe collection. She turned out to be a high heel collector herself... But, now she still loves shoes, just a tad more comfortable these days...

We always thought Samantha was something else! Probably my favorite character. My daughter liked Carrie. Good show.

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

Remember this "Now I believe this is all really happening" scene?  

That closet!  Those to-die-for Manolo Blahniks!  And, yes, Big!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epEqDI09nkY

Honored Contributor

Oh how I loved this show......I loved all of the characters, but I really loved Miranda's character, she was super smart, not necessarily a raving beauty, but she was so vulnerable, even though she tried to be tough.....Same with Samantha's chararcter. I liked the wardrobe of probably Samantha the best.....They all had their great traits and the writers for this show did a phenomenal job.......

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I liked Carrie and wanted to be her. I can identify with her physical size and loved all the fashions she wore, the shoes were to die for. I didn't find Big attractive though, too much guy physically for my taste.I loved it when she was seeing the little Russian, but I knew that would never last. The other women were ok, but I feel like Carrie carried the show. No the actress does not have the prettiest face in the business, but she has the best face. Oh, and I always loved her hair styles.

I agree with a lot of what you said though i never wanted to be her, LOL.  I LOVED Big!  I loved that storyline and the entire show.  I also loved some of her fashions, and she could pull of just about anything.

I think she's absoulely adorable.  She seems like such a nice person, she doesn't appear to be a phony and I think she's very stylish and cute!

Carrie was my favorite and Mr. Big was my 2nd favorite on the show.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@kutira wrote:

Ooh, I LOVE talking about SATC!  Carrie has always been my favorite; I love Mr. Big.  I love Carrie's hair back then and have continued to try to get my hair to look like that.

I've heard people say nasty things about her looks but I think she was adorable.

I love the entire cast, especially Samantha.

ITA

I liked them all!  I also thought Carrie was just adorable !!  She looked good in everything.  Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@kutira wrote:

Ooh, I LOVE talking about SATC!  Carrie has always been my favorite; I love Mr. Big.  I love Carrie's hair back then and have continued to try to get my hair to look like that.

I've heard people say nasty things about her looks but I think she was adorable.

I love the entire cast, especially Samantha.

@kutira, Totally agree with you!  I never got why they thought Carrie wasn't attractive.