Honored Contributor

Fashion and Actresses In Sex And The City Movies

[ Edited ]

Which character did you like most in the Sex and The City Movies?Show?  Who's style did you like most?  Remember any of the outfits?

My favorite actress/character wes Carrie, Sarah Jessica Parker.  I was shocked to see her as a news series the other day on AOL entitled "The Ugliest Actresses"!  Obviously, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!  

My second fav was Samantha (Kim Cantrell)!  I loved her style and have often dressed most like her except for my artisan items!  

Samantha wore an amazing off white outfit (top with extended sleeves and slacks!) when she waited for her "hunk" to come home the night she broke up and she had stayed there with suche covering her body for hours!  I LOVE that outfit!

Oddly enough, these actresses didn't like eachother!

What did you love?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion and Actresses In Sex And The City Movies

I liked Carrie and wanted to be her. I can identify with her physical size and loved all the fashions she wore, the shoes were to die for. I didn't find Big attractive though, too much guy physically for my taste.I loved it when she was seeing the little Russian, but I knew that would never last. The other women were ok, but I feel like Carrie carried the show. No the actress does not have the prettiest face in the business, but she has the best face. Oh, and I always loved her hair styles.

Honored Contributor

Carrie "carried" the show, for sure and was a funny, quirky character. Her clothing choices were certainly bold, and sometimes outrageous. I liked the Charlotte character, played by Kristin Davis, the best. I think she was the sweetest, and prettiest.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

One time I remember S&TC being described as a show about 4 hot women, only one of whom was really hot.

(You can judge for yourself, which the writer thought was hot. Smiley Very Happy)

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

When I first watched the show I loved Carrie best.  But over the years of watching and re-watching I found her pathetic.  I hated how she let Big treat her so poorly yet she continued putting up with him.  I was glad she ended up with him though.  The Russian treated her even worse - and she gave up so much for him.  I never thought Aidan was right for her altho he was a great guy.

I couldn't stand Charlotte.  She was the prettiest but just too intolerant and judgemental.  

I suppose I liked Miranda best then Samantha.  Miranda was more real and down to earth.  Sam was hilarious.  She had some of the funniest lines of the show.  

Trusted Contributor

Ooh, I LOVE talking about SATC!  Carrie has always been my favorite; I love Mr. Big.  I love Carrie's hair back then and have continued to try to get my hair to look like that.

I've heard people say nasty things about her looks but I think she was adorable.

I love the entire cast, especially Samantha.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

My favorite "look" for Carrie was when she (SJP) was pregnant - her hair was a short wavy bob.  I think SJ is too skinny now and her hair is too long.  

Frequent Contributor

I liked them all as characters.  They were all different, much as my friends and I are.  I dress most like Carrie because I like to put different things together, and it usually looks  OK.  One thing I can't figure out is where she kept all those clothes in her apartment.  One summer I was watching a lot of reruns and kept getting the urge to buy shoes.  I bought some and told the salesman I was watching too many reruns of Sex in the City.  He got a laugh out of that.  Actually my vice is purses, and has been since I was a child.

Honored Contributor

It's been a while since I've see any of the shows, so I had to think about it.  

Overall, I think Samantha had the best wardrobe.  As for SJP, her worst hairstyle -- by far -- was when it was longer and had all these stringy corkscrew strands.  What was she thinking?   yikes!

Frequent Contributor

Replying to self. Yes, I know it was Sex AND the City.