Super Contributor

Re: Fashion You Need/Want For Spring/Summer 2019

I am always looking for light long sleeve shirts for summer with spf is a plus. Talbots has a shirt in four colors and I might get all four ( on sale).Skin cancer survivor. 

always looking for nice shoes,sneakers and sandals that are bunion friendly. Sandal season is always easier for me with my very bad feet.

the elusive swimsuit. I am going to get swim shorts and a top from Land's end and just call off the chase. I got some nice coverups last year at Talbots .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Need badly a pair of sneakers.  I've beaten mine to death, wearing the past 3 years.  Need a new pair. 

Clothes wise, I'm fine.  Have enough tops, skirts and shorts.  I have  jeans.....don't need them.  But this one is calling my name.  It's white and I only have one pair of white jeans.    This one from AG  Getting this.  It's a slim cut jean. Heck with it.  29"inseam, 9"rise  12.5" leg opening. It's at shopbop and Nordstrom.

Honored Contributor

@wilma

RE dressy short sleeved printed tops, try Macy's.

JM Collection-

CK-

Michael Michael Kors-

Vince Camuto-

Anne Klein-

main image

Bar III-

main image

Honored Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

I am looking for new knit tops to wear with khaki and navy bermuda shorts.  I usually buy plain colors, but I also like botanical prints (nothing too splashy).  I'd like something just a step above the basic t-shirt look; maybe interesting textures or necklines. 

@sandy53 

Also at Macy's-

Alfani-

Charter Club-

MK-

INC-

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

My one staple that I'm always looking for is a slim, NOT A-line, denim skirt.  More flattering to me, and since I live in skirts rather than pants, a high priority...

@Oznell 

Maddie Midi Denim Skirt, from Free People-

Honored Contributor

@Oznell

This one from FP just popped up.

Honored Contributor

@donna71 wrote:

I am always looking for light long sleeve shirts for summer with spf is a plus. Talbots has a shirt in four colors and I might get all four ( on sale).Skin cancer survivor. 

always looking for nice shoes,sneakers and sandals that are bunion friendly. Sandal season is always easier for me with my very bad feet.

the elusive swimsuit. I am going to get swim shorts and a top from Land's end and just call off the chase. I got some nice coverups last year at Talbots .

@donna71

Check LLB.  They have a ton of colors in various sizes.

Product Details

Our women’s UV-protective shirt is a five-star customer favorite for its lightweight comfort, UPF 50+ sun protection and high-performance, quick-drying fabric that keeps you cool in the hottest weather.

Slightly Fitted
Size & Fit
  • Slightly Fitted: Softly shapes the body.
  • Falls at hip.
Why We Love It

Originally designed for fishing, our lightest hot-weather shirt is also a great choice for travel thanks to its quick-drying, wrinkle-free fabric and built-in sun protection.

Fabric & Care
  • Shell: 71% nylon, 29% polyester.
  • Cape lining: 100% polyester.
  • Built-in SunSmart™ UPF 50+ rated – the highest rated sun protection possible.
  • Machine wash and dry.
Additional Features
  • Updated design with smoother buttons.
  • Wrinkle resistant.
  • Front and back cape venting.
  • Low-profile pockets and side shaping offer a more flattering fit.
  • Two front pockets, tool tabs and eyewear loop.
Honored Contributor

@donna71

Also check out Orvis.

No more buying smaller men's technical fishing shirts or borrowing his. Our best-selling Open Air Caster is now designed for women who are serious about fishing. The lightweight fabric dries fast and has a UPF 40+ sun protection rating that blocks 97% of UV rays so you can focus on the fish without worrying about sunburn or sun damage. Hidden mesh ventilation panels in the front and back allow air to circulate while a caped design on back allows for a full range of motion when casting. Roll-tab long sleeves convert to short for when the day heats up and two drop-in front pockets keep small essentials handy. A concealed button-down collar lays flat in the wind and hidden eyeglasses cleaner in the shirttail hem ensures you can see clearly. Classic Fit, universally flattering with moderate shaping. Polyester/nylon. Washable. Imported. 
Sizes XS(4), S(6-8), M(10-12), L(14-16), XL(18-20); about 25½" long.
  • UPF 40+ helps prevent sunburn and skin damage
  • Lightweight fabric dries quickly so you'll be comfortable even if it gets wet
  • Hidden mesh ventilation panels take advantage of cool breezes
  • Caped design on back lets you work your backcast without restrictions
  • Roll-tab long sleeves convert to short
  • Hidden button-down collar stays neat in the wind
  • See clearly thanks to the hidden eyeglasses cleaner in the shirttail hem
Honored Contributor

Terrific skirt choices, thanks @lolakimono!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

I’m going to Cuba in May.  Don’t think I really need anything, but would love a couple of cute Tea Length dresses, is that term used anymore?

Also some good, cute walking flats.

But, it is not as though I’ll be barefoot or dress less if they don’t show up!

@Drythe.   Nowdays they probably call them cocktail dresses.

@Kachina624

Yes, but doesn’t that imply dressy?  

I’m speaking of nice, cotton, jersey, sundresses that are that length - mid calf, maybe.  At any rate hard to find.  Always the length I like most, good proportion for me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras