Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion You Need/Want For Spring/Summer 2019

I really don't need anything but I always am on the look out for cute shoes in my size (12N).  

Honored Contributor

I just purchased 18 t-shirts for spring and summer recently.  All I need now are five new bras.  Mine are starting to look shabby and the underwire is popping out at the underarm area.

Other than the bras, I am all set.

Trusted Contributor

I need new denim & co white jeans and capris mine had to be thrown out they were old and stained.

I don't want anymore perfect jersey. I don't like that fabric anymore it's too rubbery.  

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I’m going to Cuba in May.  Don’t think I really need anything, but would love a couple of cute Tea Length dresses, is that term used anymore?

Also some good, cute walking flats.

But, it is not as though I’ll be barefoot or dress less if they don’t show up!

@Drythe.   Nowdays they probably call them cocktail dresses.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I need new denim & co white jeans and capris mine had to be thrown out they were old and stained.

I don't want anymore perfect jersey. I don't like that fabric anymore it's too rubbery.  

@Squirrel Lover.  I don't care for perfect jersey either.  It's far from perfect.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I am looking for new knit tops to wear with khaki and navy bermuda shorts.  I usually buy plain colors, but I also like botanical prints (nothing too splashy).  I'd like something just a step above the basic t-shirt look; maybe interesting textures or necklines. 

Honored Contributor

I have enough cotton shirts and leather flats for warmer weather;  a few years ago I binged on a few cute, colorful linen-cotton jackets, so am all set should a light layer be necessary (in our temperate summers, a jacket often comes in handy at night, esp., and I love the added interest of a layer whenever I can work one in without sweltering.)

My one staple that I'm always looking for is a slim, NOT A-line, denim skirt.  More flattering to me, and since I live in skirts rather than pants, a high priority...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Totally agree ...I forget some of the items I have in my closet..have to get organized....hate to throw things out or donate for fear that i will be needing them again....I have done pretty well in restraint so far.  I remember years ago when I had one good suit and dress for special occasions. 

Honored Contributor

I think I found my pumps at DSW.   I've never worn Lauren Ralph Lauren shoes before however these (Livie is the style name) appear to be top rated.  I don't want a patent or faux patent leather pump and I am running across lots of that in a beige/nude color shoe right now.  I've give these a shot.  My eldest great niece is making her communion in May and it hit me that I don't have a decent pair of pumps to wear with a skirt or dress.

Wish me luck Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

pants that would truly be 'pedal pusher ' length on a short person. Most capri length on me (a shorty )  are ankle length. I always feel I look as though I have been wading high waters-- but at least my ankles are cool Smiley Happy .  I always have worn modest shorts in public but as I age notice --yes -- the leg skin gets wrinkles.

I have landed a few great summertime clearance items in the sales lately that I am looking forward to trying. I finally tried some QF and was pleased with the quality of items purchased.

I will not do much planning until I switch closet's contents on a hey there is a sun in the sky and no snow & ice kind of day. that is when I will open storage totes and let air back in to vaccum bags. Woman LOL I forget what all I have. I look at the bags and wonder " what is that ?"