Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion You Need/Want For Spring/Summer 2019

I ordered 4 new t-shirts from Lands End, a white, yellow, ash green and a hedge green. Not sure if that's all for me this spring/summer or not.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Updates on my Spring/Summer shopping list. 

1. Bermuda shorts - Just tried mine on from last year, and they don’t fit.

Purchased one pair in a dark taupe. Going to have my tailor alter my navy pair. Would like one more pair. 

2. Dressy black shoes to wear with black pants that look more summery than my black winter pumps. I don’t want a strappy sandal. 

Bought a perforated peep toe shootie with a stack heel.

3. Handbag - My white woven bag is looking worn.

Have seen a few. Either too embellished or too small. Still looking.

4. Dressy short sleeve tops in prints - Difficult to find IMO. Most dressy tops are too sparkly or sleeveless, and most short sleeve tops are too casual.

Ordered a few from Macy’s but didn’t like the fit so I returned them. Still looking.

5. I always buy new short sleeve tees in solid white, colors, and prints every Spring & Summer.

Bought a few from Kohl’s & Macy’s. 

6. Still trying to decide on a swimsuit and cover up for our beach trip in April. I don’t like the way I look in a swimsuit. I don’t currently own one, and I haven’t worn a swimsuit in several years.

Decided not to buy for now. Can always buy one in Florida on the trip. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not a thing.  I am retired and a jeans, legging and tee gal.

Honored Contributor

The main item I want is a black and gray leopard print maxi skirt. After the search, I found the perfect rayon and found a pattern. I guess I just need to get it done.Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Are you looking to add certain items to your Spring & Summer wardrobe?

Here is my list:

1. Bermuda shorts - Just tried mine on from last year, and they don’t fit.

2. Dressy black shoes to wear with black pants that look more summery than my black winter pumps. I don’t want a strappy sandal. 

3. Handbag - My white woven bag is looking worn.

4. Dressy short sleeve tops in prints - Difficult to find IMO. Most dressy tops are too sparkly or sleeveless, and most short sleeve tops are too casual.

5. I always buy new short sleeve tees in solid white, colors, and prints every Spring & Summer.

6. Still trying to decide on a swimsuit and cover up for our beach trip in April. I don’t like the way I look in a swimsuit. I don’t currently own one, and I haven’t worn a swimsuit in several years.

Does anyone else have a list in mind? 

More maxis and high low dresses.  More sandles, maybe a pair with a little heel, all of mine are flats.  more capris. I buy most of my clothing for spring and summer.  

Esteemed Contributor

I love the look of those All Day Stretch capris above.  Definitely want a wide elastic waistband - no zippers or buttons.  I need new white capris, white jeans, and Bobs canvas flats.  I have more t-shirts than I can wear in a lifetime!  They must multiply in my dark closet when the door is closed.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I never have a set plan of things I think I will need to purchase - usually just gets things as needed.  Unless, of course, there is a special upcoming occasion - that I plan for!

Honored Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

I never have a set plan of things I think I will need to purchase - usually just gets things as needed.  Unless, of course, there is a special upcoming occasion - that I plan for!

@FastDogWalker2 

I am a list maker and very organized - sometimes to a fault, but I definitely have purchased things “not on my list”. 😉

Honored Contributor

@tototwo 

Check out JAG jeans.

Honored Contributor

Capri's and tee shirts.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)