Honored Contributor

Fashion You Need/Want For Spring/Summer 2019

Are you looking to add certain items to your Spring & Summer wardrobe?

Here is my list:

1. Bermuda shorts - Just tried mine on from last year, and they don’t fit.

2. Dressy black shoes to wear with black pants that look more summery than my black winter pumps. I don’t want a strappy sandal. 

3. Handbag - My white woven bag is looking worn.

4. Dressy short sleeve tops in prints - Difficult to find IMO. Most dressy tops are too sparkly or sleeveless, and most short sleeve tops are too casual.

5. I always buy new short sleeve tees in solid white, colors, and prints every Spring & Summer.

6. Still trying to decide on a swimsuit and cover up for our beach trip in April. I don’t like the way I look in a swimsuit. I don’t currently own one, and I haven’t worn a swimsuit in several years.

Does anyone else have a list in mind? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion You Need/Want For Spring/Summer 2019

@wilma  Looks as if you are organized and ready for business!  I have everything I need, so unless I find items that fit into and enhance my wardrobe at an exceptional price...I'm done.  (i.e., I was able to pick up a beautiful beanie and gloves to match at one-fourth the price yesterday...great for the cold rainy days ahead)  Good luck with your finds! 

Honored Contributor

I'm going to Florida in late March and plan on adding some new fresh tees & capris. I'll probably add a new jacket or summery cardigan and sandals.

I also don't like how I look in a swimsuit and haven't worn one in several years.  When I go to the beach I wear swimsuit shorts that cover my upper thighs and a beachy looking tee (usually from Fresh Produce)

Trusted Contributor

The only time I have written a clothes shopping list is when going on long vacation or cruise.   I don't even have the time to write a grocery shopping list.  I buy what I like when I'm browsing in (mostly) B&M stores.  I find they never have what I want when I'm searching for it.

Honored Contributor

I've got tops still in their plastic bags that I never got around to wearing last summer.  I've got pants and shorts galore, so I'm going to try to restrain myself.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have a "look" and have all the clothes I need but I am working on some new crochet pieces.  

Only thing I'm looking for are a couple of pairs of "dressy" shoes.  I know exactly what style and colors I want.  Just waiting for them to turn up.  In the meantime ... I do have plenty of shoes to wear.

Honored Contributor

@wilmaRemember the days as a kid that you lived in your swimsuit all summer.I liked mine so much that I paired it with black gum boots during the rainy times....now I am pleased for the cooler days when I don’t have to wear that suit.

Honored Contributor

I will still be on a fashion diet, and seeing what I can weed out and have tailored.

In Spring and Summer I like to look for denim pants in colors. I have the worst time with fit in pants. I ordered a pair of Diane Gilman cropped jeans in a light purple, on clearance for $19.99. They said to go down a size, but I can't imagine me fitting into a size 8. I know her sizing is famously all over the place. We''ll see, I can always return them and get the VIP return credit.

Don't need any shoes or handbags. Maybe a new lightweight raincoat with a hood. Mine is old and has seen better days.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@wilma 

1.  I need a pair of pumps.  Still deciding if I want regular pumps or slingback

Thinking of a nude/taupe color to go with everything.

So far that's all I need.  Wants are another matter - depends on what JCP is offering in talls and how weak I am at the time I see the item Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I’m going to Cuba in May.  Don’t think I really need anything, but would love a couple of cute Tea Length dresses, is that term used anymore?

Also some good, cute walking flats.

But, it is not as though I’ll be barefoot or dress less if they don’t show up!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras