Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand why hosts KL and JC feel the need to try on all the clothing they are presenting during the fashion shows.......the models shown are usually in their size range and i feel like the models do an adquate job of representing the product....

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I don't understand why hosts KL and JC feel the need to try on all the clothing they are presenting during the fashion shows.......the models shown are usually in their size range and i feel like the models do an adquate job of representing the product....

I don't know who KL and JC are but I like to see the hosts wearing the clothes they are presenting.  Better than the cocktail party and prom queen clothes some of the hosts wear. lol

Respected Contributor

It's one of many selling techniques. Kerstin and Jennifer aren't the only hosts to wear the clothes presented. Leah, Jane, Jayne B., Pat, Carolyn among others do the same.

Esteemed Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

It's one of many selling techniques. Kerstin and Jennifer aren't the only hosts to wear the clothes presented. Leah, Jane, Jayne B., Pat, Carolyn among others do the same.

Yes...the hosts who are on the different fashion shows almost always wear some clothing from that particular line of clothing...........like Leah, Jane  and Carolyn etc....but they don't fully change into almost every item presented while on air...................................

Honored Contributor

Lisa Robertson used to try on every top and jacket in the old PM Style. She always wore her own cami and put whatever top she was selling over it. She must have changed a dozen times in one show!

Now I see most hosts select one thing to wear for the entire show. If what they are wearing sells out, sometimes they will go off camera and put something else on. 

Doesn’t really bother me either way. 

Esteemed Contributor

Courtney, Amy, Shawn do the same thing.  They also do the shoes.

Esteemed Contributor

i like to see the hosts wear the clothes.  some models only show the front and don't move.  with the host, they move about, i can see more aspects of fit

Frequent Contributor

Got a big kick out of Jennifer with Susan today.  Every time Jennifers Hosts, it should be called the "Jennifer Show", because she never stops with the weird facial epressions and body movements.  But Susan limited her swirling, twirling, and theatrical movements today, while Susan is discussing her tops. Jennifer will stick her hand in a shot with another color blouse on a hangar to make sure she is making motions and noise. Thank you Susan for being so enjoyable in presenting your clothes. If you turn the sound off and just watch Jennifer, she flails her arms, kicks a foot to the back, and the hand gestures are "off the chart", like a spoiled child needing sooo much attention. Oh and she will always be at least a foot closer to the camera than the guest, and they move, she outmoves them.