Honored Contributor

May be an image of 3 people and text that says 'Remember when UNION RAND UNION PRUNEC We didn't go in public wearing pajamas'

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Remember When...

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden   I don't remember anyone wearing pjs or "onesies" in public before the pandemic. It DID become more acceptable during covid. I sure hope now we will be dressed when leaving the house and save the pajamas for bedtime. 

Honored Contributor

I don't recall ever seeing anyone in pj's in public although the shopping all trying hard to make that a thing. 

Respected Contributor

I've seen people in the airport and grocery stores dressed this way for at least five years.

Esteemed Contributor

Wearing pajamas in public is not a fashion statement for me or anyone I know.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Have you been to the 'peopleofwalmart' dot com? It will blow your mind at what some people will actually wear to that store!

It's SO funny and will have you belly laughing, shocked and shaking your head, all at the same time.

It really is good for a laugh!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

Hi! All 

That is "something else"..

There's no way.

I remember what my Mom said.."Always leave the house looking like a band box"..whatever that meant..

It was "looking your best".

And even if I sometimes don't feel like it..I try to look 

"Presentable"

It almost seems that person doesn't think much of herself...JMHO

Esteemed Contributor

Some psychologists say dressing like this is a result of depression caused by the times we are living in.  Not much to look forward to.  

Of course, there will be some refuting this, saying they are not depressed, they wear what they want, and don't care what others say. 

However, there might be truth to this since one of the signs of depression is letting one's appearance go.  

Kate Walsh may think she looks good, but don't ask me what I think of her dressed like this in public. You'll get an honest answer.  

How college students are dressing.

College students 1954.

Respected Contributor

I would certainly hope we would never return to wearing dresses, heels, suits and ties just to go to the grocery store. I don't see people wearing Jammie's to the store unless it's very early in the morning. I don't really care what you wear, all long as bits and pieces are covered.

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

I've seen people in the airport and grocery stores dressed this way for at least five years.

@deeva  Me too. Definitely pre-pandemic.