Super Contributor

Re: Fashion RESOLUTIONS for 2015

Lola, I loved your New Year's eve outfit! Navy is one of my favorite colors...I'd rather wear navy than black!

Teachers have an outside life too!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Today's remix (dedicated to Dawnie, my AM Style friend)

Here is the story. I was going to wear my new cream sweater from Neiman Marcus, shown above in post #6. I got dressed with everything else, I pulled it out of the bag and discovered a few surprises.

1) it was white

2) the label on the bag indicated that it was cream. The packing slip said WHITE (cream). The garment tag (sewn in) said that it was a small. The NM price tag said L/XL and the Pure Handknit tags said L/XL. When I called CS, they said they could ship me another cream sweater, but I didn't want to take a chance that it would be white again. I asked her if I should mark it as defective since the tags and labels don't match and she said that it was not "defective", so someone else will probably get this sweater. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Land's End turtleneck

Chaps sweater

Land's End jeans

Old Gringo boots

Super Contributor

Lola did you get the pink and black versions of these sweaters? We're they OK? I really like the style, too bad for the mix-up from the store.
Super Contributor

Lola, I really enjoy your posts and I am glad you are doing it again in 2015. I love all your boots! I want to start a collection too!

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 Goldenmoher said: Lola did you get the pink and black versions of these sweaters? We're they OK? I really like the style, too bad for the mix-up from the store.

Yes- the pink and black were OK. I'm not sure what happened with the white/cream fiasco.

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 bbluvr said:

Lola, I really enjoy your posts and I am glad you are doing it again in 2015. I love all your boots! I want to start a collection too!

Honestly, I prefer my Birkenstocks, but lately my feet have been too cold with outside duty that I'm glad to have purchased all the boots! I see that many styles of mine (Born, in particular) are no longer available. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I do LOVE my Keen Baby Bern boots! They're all day comfortable. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

Lola... love your new sweaters and dang! your outfit would have looked good with that sweater in off-white. Doesn't it just make you wonder??? why why

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 lolakimono said:

Today's remix (featuring one of my new pieces)-{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

LCNY scarf- A253744

Land's End short sleeved turtleneck

LCNY corduroy jacket

Land's End corduroy jeans

Tony Lama boots

You have such a good eye for color, this t-neck & scarf look perfect together. Congrats.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Thanks Snickster!

I am considering these leather jackets, rather than the Nordies sweaters. They are in two colors (in my size). Thoughts? BF likes the green one better.

Lena Leather Zip Jacket Lena Leather Zip Jacket

The Q dresses haven't arrived (nor the IM scarves) so I don't know about the fit on those.

The Talbots blazers are still MIA, as is the multicolor Paperwhite tee.

Honored Contributor

Gotta agree with BF on the green one, but that is just my personal preference. Either one would go with lots of things in your re-mixes and new purchases (especially the paperwhites). Which one are you leaning towards?

"To each their own, in all things".