Super Contributor

Re: Fashion RESOLUTIONS for 2015

Lola, love your new wardrobe. I can hardly wait for the new year. I haven't told my family my plans for 2015. Will need their support. Happy 2015.

Honored Contributor

On 12/31/2014 Sapphire 55 said:

Lola, love your new wardrobe. I can hardly wait for the new year. I haven't told my family my plans for 2015. Will need their support. Happy 2015.

Sapphire,

If you have a digital camera (or a phone) you can sign up for free on Photobucket and take pictures of your outfits- even if you're not wearing them. Then you can post them here- {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Good morning Lola, and Happy New Year.

You have been busy compiling your wish list, I see. I think the selections you have made suit you very well. And this is just from what I have seen of your re-mixes over the year, of course. But from that, these items seem to fit in with your lifestyle, as well as your career. Very pretty new additions to your wardrobe. I can see that you put lots of thought into your purchases.

I personally really like the Nordies solid color tunic with pockets, but think I probably have enough tunics now, as I added several to my closet this past year. Besides...I am curtailing my buying habits!

Totally don't understand why you wouldn't post a swimsuit photo, if you buy one. {#emotions_dlg.lol} Just kidding, of course.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

One of my fashion resolutions is to find other brands of shoes that can be worn comfortably to replace the ever-present white tennies... wouldn't you know it? This trend shown by Lyst:

Now what?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

What do you think of this trend? (LYST SAYS) I do love the colors...

Like the pants style...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

LOVE the Paperwhite blocked print items and the gray and coral Nordstrom tunic. I bought a new merino wool sheath dress and a few knit skirts from the Talbots sale late last week. Those aren't here yet. If they work out, I will be sacrificing equal numbers of similar items from the closet to the eBay pile.

Bird - Those Pikolinos are just as fabulous today as when I saw them earlier last year. I would go for those. Sometimes I see a boot and it doesn't look as good the second time around, but those look wonderful. Unlike you, most of my shoes are black, but I like that brown color better in these. It showcases the detail so much better.

Honored Contributor

Favorite Son, I am jonesing for those brown boots and if 6pm doesn't send me an email with some percentage off today I will likely break down and spend the $134. I take really good care of my shoes and boots so I know I will get my money's worth.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

Those are lovely pieces Lola. Adore the Off Fifth scarves.

Bird, let us know how you like those boots if you follow your "jones." {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Loves, you are going to have so much fun this year with your family... I'm excited for you!

My only boots purchase this year was a pair of Sporto winter boots, which are comfy and warm:

One of my fave Q buys this year was this LCNY dress in thyme: Have gotten a lot of compliments on it... wear w/scarf or long necklace.

Liz Claiborne New York Regular Ponte Knit Dress

Regular Contributor

I have been inspired by your 2014 fashion resolution to follow suit in 2015. Since my main resolution is related to losing weight, shopping my closet makes the most sense. Thanks for providing the inspiration AND the many pictures!
Honored Contributor

On 1/1/2015 Merrylass said: Thanks for providing the inspiration AND the many pictures!

You're most welcome! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I went back and reviewed some of the pictures and was surprised to see how much "mileage" I got out of some items. It's interesting to note how much we actually wear something versus how much we think we wear something. Last year was sort of an anomaly, weather wise, as it seems that we just had a long winter and skipped spring. By April I was extremely tired of wearing pants, heavy jackets and boots!