Trusted Contributor

Re: Fashion Quotes- Do You Agree?

@Andreatoo While I agree with you and all should be respected I think the quote makes a different point and we must face reality.  People are judged in the first 10 second of meeting and how one presents him/herself says a lot. 

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@Andreatoo While I agree with you and all should be respected I think the quote makes a different point and we must face reality.  People are judged in the first 10 second of meeting and how one presents him/herself says a lot. 

@NJgirl 1205

Yes people are judgmental; that doesn't make it right.

There are those that live below the poverty line; should they be treated a certain way because they can't afford to buy nice clothes or what another individual considers to be appropriate?

Judging is inevitable but making this particular quote one's mantra seems an excuse to treat others badly. We get enough of that already....

Trusted Contributor

Lola, I was one of those people who when you originally posted the picture of this coat way back when, thought it was a joke. Even in the picture MacDuff posted idoesn't look pretty but it really is lovely as it shows in your picture.  Good taste

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@NJgirl 1205

Yes people are judgmental; that doesn't make it right.

There are those that live below the poverty line; should they be treated a certain way because they can't afford to buy nice clothes or what another individual considers to be appropriate?

Judging is inevitable but making this particular quote one's mantra seems an excuse to treat others badly. We get enough of that already....

@Andreatoo I am not sure I agree with you but that's what makes the world go round.  I volunteer in several places where I meet people at or below the poverty level.  Looking nice, pulled together and presentable is not a function of money but rather about a sense of pride in oneself. 

Perhaps we all make the mistake of reading too much into things.  To me the quote is about looking your best (at any price range...)

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205

@Andreatoo

I took it to mean "dress for the job you want, not for the job you have."

Image result for dress for the job you want, not the one you have

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono Love it!  That was a very important piece of advice a very smart woman gave me a long time ago.  It has served me well (through all my varying income brackets...)!!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono
I like that one but I hear a significant difference between the two
Life SHOULDN'T be one long job interview if you get my drift
Trusted Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

bd6d69c328975fd33855810b61884785.jpg

This is me - my favorite color Heart