Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion Police/ Kathy Griffin leaving!

Well, that's not exactly a surprise. Hiring her was a very bad decision. It was the worst thing they could have done. At best her "humor" is an acquired taste and she doesn't have a fashion background. Yes, Joan was a comedienne. But she had a successful fashion and accessory business and she at heart she was a "fashion" person. She knew style. From the beginning, I thought they should have just ended the show. Joan WAS the show. Or they should have totally re-designed the show, re-worked it, to match the talents of the remaining three hosts. I suspect that George left because he could see what was going to happen and he wanted no part of it. Smart man. I think Giuliana tried her best to put some life into the show but she couldn't do it all by herself. Mentally, Kelly was missing in action.

Honored Contributor

I think Guiliana will stay with the show until its bitter end, bad jokes and all.

Honored Contributor

On 3/12/2015 KathyPet said: I think the posters who think KG has a potty mouth never saw Joan deliver a live performance. Joan could wipe the floor with KG when she got going..

I agree. I wonder if they ever saw Fashion Police either. Joan was vulgar lots of the time. Kathy Griffin has been quite good and tame.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I am sorry to see her leave, I really liked her on the show. She was a beauty on the show. I just cannot stand to look at Giulianna nor Kelly, G is too thin and Kelly needs to grow up, be an adult.

Trusted Contributor

After seeing a few episodes several years ago, I never understood why anyone would want to watch this show. I have no interest in a bunch of basically nobodies (other than Joan) telling me which celebrity outfit that I should or shouldn't like.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/13/2015 NickNack said:
On 3/12/2015 KathyPet said: I think the posters who think KG has a potty mouth never saw Joan deliver a live performance. Joan could wipe the floor with KG when she got going..

I agree. I wonder if they ever saw Fashion Police either. Joan was vulgar lots of the time. Kathy Griffin has been quite good and tame.

. So true. AND the show is only on now and then, no longer weekly. Must be hard to schedule. Some posters here make snarky comments without REALLY watching the show.
Contributor

Joan made the show. The rest of them are fillers. Giuliana is ugly inside and outside. She has no class.

Valued Contributor

On 3/13/2015 Vivian said: I'm goingto mix my transportation metaphors but it looks like Kathy and Kelly left a sinking ship but they also threw Giuliana under the bus before they departed. Giuliana should have heeded the warnings to toss out that so-called joke....but she didn't. The writers should have had the brains to know that equal-opportunity-put-down artist Joan was able to say things that nobody else could...but they didn't. It might have been possible for Giuliana to redeem herself if her so-called friends criticized her remarks but tried to help her repair the damage...but they didn't. There is no comedian who has the fashion savvy that Joan Rivers had or the ability to combine it with comedy. The show is done.

100% agree with Vivian here. The show is done.

Regular Contributor

Isn't Melissa Rivers the producer/director? Does she read the scripts prior to filming? "GR" was just reading the teleprompter. Regardless, the entire show is too mean-spirited for my taste ... the E Channel can use that air time slot for the greater good, not for slander.

Esteemed Contributor

I read on a website that there are 4 Executive Producers for the show and one of them is Melissa. Really? 4 Executive Producers for one show probably making a mint of money and they still couldn't produce a decent show!