Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion: Obnoxious T-shirts

I would never wear the shirts you are referring to.  The only shirts with pics or writings I wear have to do with animals.  Specifically, cats.  My favorite is "Neuter is cuter", with the backside of a cat on it.  I'm a huge supporter of spay/neuter.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have a really simple solution, if you do not like them do not wear them, but since others do, it is their choice

Exactly.

"Obnoxious" is in the eye of the beholder.  I certainly don't want to wear every item of clothing I see, but I'm grateful there are choices so we all can wear what we like.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear the Walmart ones....but my daughter is making us shirts for our fall Family trip to Disney World......

I will have one for Halloween night that says "Foolish Mortal"

We will all have the same shirt for a picture on Main Street that says "In my favorite place with my favorite people"

Honored Contributor

I have one and only one of those t-shirts.  Mine says:

No, no...Coffee 1st

I wear it to walk my dog in the early morning.

Honored Contributor

It's just a smile when I see one that's just "right on"!

Valued Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am not into tees with words or phrases.  I have to add that I thought the First Lady was in poor taste wearing that jacket with the words on the back.  She is no teenager and if she is representing the U.S., then she needs to dress the part.   Cat Very Happy

Totally agree with you.  Also, it was 90 degrees down there so there was no reason to wear a jacket.  It was also warm in DC.  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!  Just 'thinkin.                                                         docsgirl

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Another favorite.

In order to insult me I must first value your opinion

nice try though.

=========================================

"In order to insult me I must first value your opinion..."

I LOVE that.  I'm gonna get it.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I am not into tees with words or phrases.  I have to add that I thought the First Lady was in poor taste wearing that jacket with the words on the back.  She is no teenager and if she is representing the U.S., then she needs to dress the part.   Cat Very Happy

===========================

Plus, the timing was bad.  Some people didn't realize she was referring to the press, not the stranded immigrants.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

===========================

Plus, the timing was bad.  Some people didn't realize she was referring to the press, not the stranded immigrants.

@RinaRina  I have SO much to say -- contrary to your statement -- about this, but it will most certainly be poofed by the Mods. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay. I have to take back what I said about not wearing shirts with sayings.  I totally forgot I bought one from Old Navy last year that says Coffee & Mascara on the front of it.  It was super cheap so I bought it to throw on around the house.  I wore it for a walk I did last year to raise money for a charity and multiple people commented on it and asked where I bought it.  I don't think I've worn it since.  LOL

Timely discussion given the Q2 Big Deal is a Peace Love World tank top with cutesy sayings. 

I detest the saying Happy Wife Happy Life.  I first heard it years ago on a reality show.  DIdn't like it then and I don't like it now.