Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Layering (Don't)

I think what they are attempting to accomplish here with the belt is an empire wais, maybe?  They are putting the belt under her breasts, to accentuate her smallest part.  

Remember when so many tops and dresses had an empire waist and that was the purpose?  Of course on some it just made them look pregnant.  I remember this was a huge styling point on WNTW with Stacy and Clinton.  

However, this look is an epic fail.    

Respected Contributor

Lol, I don't think I'd take fashion advice from anyone that put that outfit together. 

Respected Contributor

I saw the original post but didn't comment because things got heated in there. Anyway, the belt looks ridiculous and it's too thin for a bulky poncho. I also don't like the purse they paired with it---I know the stylist is trying to match the colors, but it just doesn't work. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I feel if you do not have a good waistline it is better to not try and create one.   Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't know what to say, I think the model looks good, but the belt placed that high above the natural waist is odd. Maybe, because of the models girth that was the best place for the belt.

@blackhole99   IMO, no belt would be better in this case.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand the need to "create" a waistline.   

Honored Contributor

This is one reason NOT to take anything the Q says or posts, or shows on their programming, as what is stylish or "in" as accurate, lol. I'm sure the model wishes they had not had her be their model, in this instance.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

The Q must own stock in a belt company.  

Take that belt off the model and she would look great.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a good look and I cannot stand jeans cuffed up so high either, JMO.