Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion Items You Will Hunt For This Year That You Couldn't Find Last Year?

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Awww, thanks @lolakimono, no down or any other feathers.  Hard to find!  Just like no leather!

I like the color of this olive puffer jacket from J Crew Factory ($64). 

short hooded puffer jacket : factorywomen puffer

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

I’ve been looking for a blouse with a tie at the top that Ford a bow. Stella McCartney has one but way out of my league so I’m looking for a dupe. 

@GenXmuse

Excuse me?! You lost me when you started talking about Ford! I'm going to guess you're using speech to text?! LOL

Lol I was typing forms and ac changed it to Ford.  Geez!

@GenXmuse

LOL! That's okay because @Carmie translated for us! Don't know why I couldn't figure it out! LOL

I've seen lots of those blouses. Is there a particular color you're looking for or fabric?

Lol thank you @Carmie for translating.  I’m looking for cream color or jewel color in a rayon blend. Thanks, @Andreatoo

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

I've decided to make the maxi animal print skirt out of black and white.  I much prefer black over brown, which will narrow my choices down considerably.

I don't enjoy sewing at home, loved teaching it, but want that skirt!

@ECBG

What or Where are you getting the pattern from?  And why type (blend?) of fabric works best for a skirt?

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I've decided to make the maxi animal print skirt out of black and white.  I much prefer black over brown, which will narrow my choices down considerably.

I don't enjoy sewing at home, loved teaching it, but want that skirt!

@ECBG

What or Where are you getting the pattern from?  And why type (blend?) of fabric works best for a skirt?

@Lucky CharmFor a simple skirt which isn't as involved as a jacket, I'll use Simplicity, McCalls, or Butterick (which is made by Vogue).  I look at the companies or go to a fabric store. I prefer the sweep of a beautiful Free People skirt I have.

I like full skirts out of rayon challis.  Cotton can be too crisp and stand out, it has way too much body, and since this will be a classic pattern (fabric) I don't want fading that comes with cotton.  Knits work well for some patterns.

This skirt is the FP rayon skirt.

DSCN0850.JPG

This is a light weight knit.  A lot of folds could be very warm.

P7120066.JPG

Honored Contributor

Not that I was looking for it prior to this but I will be on the hunt for my Mother of the Bride dress.

I know what I want and I'm not going to settle.

She is our only child so I'm not going to get another chance.

There are must haves that are not negotiable and then there are don't even bring it up deal breakers.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter

So tell us what you're thinking!

Honored Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

I would like to find slacks that are straight leg.  No flaring at the bottom and that reach the top of my shoes - no ankle pants and not leggings or tight.  i would also like a FABRIC pair of slacks - no knit fabric.  I would buy in more than one color but desperate for black.  Good luck to me - forget it I guess.

@aggravated

I think we need to quit with the shopping channels! LOL I too would like some nice woven slacks that aren't an elastic waist?!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@aggravated wrote:

I would like to find slacks that are straight leg.  No flaring at the bottom and that reach the top of my shoes - no ankle pants and not leggings or tight.  i would also like a FABRIC pair of slacks - no knit fabric.  I would buy in more than one color but desperate for black.  Good luck to me - forget it I guess.

@aggravated

I think we need to quit with the shopping channels! LOL I too would like some nice woven slacks that aren't an elastic waist?!

@AndreatooNarrow or straight ankle?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG Thank you for the pics.  The colors are gorgeous of that skirt.  That outfit looks so nice together.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo - this style is just about perfect in every way.

I would really like navy blue but if his mom wants to wear blue, it's okay, I will pick another color.

It has to have at least elbow length sleeves.  That's the one thing I will not negotiate on, they could be longer but not shorter.  Some beading would be nice but the lack of beading would not be a deal breaker.

The deal breakers are V-neck, high-low hems, slits, ruffles, cold shoulder.

c011c2d0e6f1859608376494b8432a45.jpg