Honored Contributor

Do you ever see something online or in a store and become fixated on it? I'm ashamed to admit it, but I do. Then I have an internal battle about getting it. Usually I don't need it I just want it. Unfortunately I lose that battle sometimes to the item. Budget and practicality does win out often enough, I am financially responsible.

This is my latest one. I was looking for a faux leather jacket on Nordstrom Rack and saw it. I just love the look of it and the embroidery. NR had it for extra 25% off over the weekend so it was only 45. Not in my size though. Amazon has it in my size for $72.

I am resisting, but it is just so purdy😃 What's your current one item fixation?

6982726.jpg6982724.jpg

"Trash takes itself out every single time.”
Respected Contributor

I think you should buy it if you are able.  Probably will regret not buying it and wish you had when there is the perfect opportunity to wear it and you don't have it!

Honored Contributor

If I really like a top, I get fixated on getting a second in a different color or pattern.  If I find it, I get it.

Super Contributor

Yes. That happens to frequently to me. Years ago, before the internet, I saw a Liz Claiborne sweater at a department store called Goldwater's. Loved it. They did not have my size, so the sales person called every store to find it for me. Finally found it in a store in NM, had it shipped. 

I wore it once. Didn't really like it! 

But I know that obsessed feeling. 

I say buy it!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I obsess over one thing until I get it.

Right now I'm obsessing over the BD ombre sweater.  I don't know why I don't order it.  LOL

Honored Contributor

If you love it, you'll continue to love it!  Let it be your statement piece!

Trusted Contributor

I have never regretted buying something I obsessed over, but I have regretted NOT buying something I obsessed over (a beautiful pair of shooties; still trolling Ebay in hopes they come up sometime for sale).

@Greeneyedlady21  - that's a lovely jacket and you'll get a lot of wear out of it. If you can afford it I'd say buy it.

Honored Contributor

Yes ... that happens to me.  And ... I usually regret it if I don't get it.  

I'm still "kicking myself" for not buying a sweater I saw in Lord and Taylor 20 years ago.  I saw it while shopping with my sister and thought it was too expensive.  Over the next week I thought about it and decided to get it ... but it was gone when I went back to the store!

Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Item Fixation

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21  That jacket is obsession worthy...buy it and wear it with joy!  Yes, rarely but when it happens, I am fierce.  I've become quite sparse compared to previous shopping habits.  I'm more interested in other pursuits and releasing material possessions.  I still but seldom have cravings ( for several months a boho Sundance dress and a short pair of floral Luchesse  boots .... with effort I've let them go).

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21  Thank jacket is obsession worthy...buy it and wear it with joy!  Yes, rarely but when it happens, I am fierce.  I've become quite sparse compared to previous shopping habits.  I'm more interested in other pursuits,  I still but seldom have cravings ( for several months a boho Sundance dress and a short pair of floral Luchesse  boots .... with effort I've let them go).

I'm impressed.