Super Contributor

Re: Fashion Industry Bets That Skinny-Jean Trend Is Over

I like a slender pant. Baggy pants just don't look right IMO. On the other hand, tight tight is tough on an old gal like me. I used to like boot cut, but even those seem out of style. I would welcome new changes. I agree abt the boots over a slim jeans. That looks the best. I love boots. I buy a new pair every winter.
Respected Contributor

Just try to take my skinny jeans away...and see what happens. : )

Wider pants overwhelm me. I look silly in them.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting this article. It is refreshing to read that women are wearing what they like and not being swayed by the retail market to switch gears and have to make all those additional purchases. I have been ignoring the trends for a long time, and it's so nice to see that many other women are doing the same. I'll keep wearing my skinny jeans, along with all the other styles. I wear what I'm in the mood for, and it's great to have so many choices.

Esteemed Contributor

I put away my DG2 bootcut jeans (won't buy her flares) and I gave away a lot of other brands of trouser jeans as I realized that I don't like slash pockets the front of jeans nor do I like the men's style pockets on the back. I don't like the bulk and even if there are sewn down front pockets, slash pockets at the front of my hips don't work with my curves. The wide leg pants and jeans make me look stumpy too. I also get tired of having to roll up the bottom of bootcut jeans so that they don't get soaked when it rains.

It's straight jeans or skinny jeans for me this fall and winter. I want jeans that I don't have to fuss with when it rains.