QVC Customer Care

Re: Fashion Icon - Jackie O. I loved her taste always

Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion Icon - Jackie O.

I don't care for many of the things she wore. Maybe it has to do with what was in fashion when she was in her prime, but the looks shown from the 60s and 70s didn't do a lot for me. When she got older, I just didn't think her look was anything special.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Honored Contributor

That white dress! Gorgeous. She always came across to me as dignified. Lady-like. Cultured. 

My mom used to be glued to the tube when she was on-wanted to see what she was wearing, lol.

Honored Contributor

Definitely a Style and Fashion Icon! Loved her looks

Trusted Contributor

@wilma:  I wasn't directing my comments to your post.  Just in response to those who so greatly admired her and thought she was so wonderful.  My post was meant to convey:  Admired for what?  Spending so much money on clothes, etc. etc.

Regarding my "tomatoes" comment--about a year ago I posted that I thought Camilla looked older that Queen Elizabeth.  Good Grief - the rotten tomatoes were thrown at me then!  You would have thought I had offended their personal friend.  I even poked fun of Camilla's hats and someone went to all the bother of posting about 10 different photos of Camilla wearing hats, just to prove me wrong.

No offense meant to you Wilma, or to any of the posters here.  It's just that I can't figure out why Jackie O is so admired by so many and why she is held in such high regard.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@wilma:  I wasn't directing my comments to your post.  Just in response to those who so greatly admired her and thought she was so wonderful.  My post was meant to convey:  Admired for what?  Spending so much money on clothes, etc. etc.

Regarding my "tomatoes" comment--about a year ago I posted that I thought Camilla looked older that Queen Elizabeth.  Good Grief - the rotten tomatoes were thrown at me then!  You would have thought I had offended their personal friend.  I even poked fun of Camilla's hats and someone went to all the bother of posting about 10 different photos of Camilla wearing hats, just to prove me wrong.

No offense meant to you Wilma, or to any of the posters here.  It's just that I can't figure out why Jackie O is so admired by so many and why she is held in such high regard.

@DottieBlue 

I have not taken any offense to your posts. As I said in my last response you, you are welcome to post your opinions here. All of us are unless the mods decide it’s against standards. I was just posting about her fashion style. That’s all. I had no other motive. Have a good day! 

Honored Contributor

My Mom had the pleasure of meeting her, she was campaigning for Ted Kennedy and she was the only political person allowed in the the Senior Citizens Nutrition program where my Mom was the director

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I read recently in a book about the Royal family that Jackie was sent to photograph Queen Elizabeth's coronation in 1953.  It was during her time there watching the Queen and the Queen Mother that Jackie insisted on always wearing hats herself to perfect her outfits.  There as never nor will there ever be another Jackie O.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

Some years ago, there was an exhibit in DC of her fashions worn during State visits and such. My sister and I went to see it and we had a wonderful time looking at the dresses and reading the descriptions of where she wore each one.

I was too young at that time to wear that "look". Lady Di was more my era! LOL I have a pink hat with feathers on it that I know I bought because it reminded me of Diana's hat.