Esteemed Contributor

Fashion Genius or Fashion Madness...

I used to love DG2 jeans...the old, "classic" fabric (altho I do own 2 of the stretchy sausage casings and like them), so when I saw these I took a chance and bought the white.  They are very cute!  And what's more, they really are either the exact same "classic" fabric or very close to it.  To add icing to the cake, they are more straight leg than her usual sausage casings! 

Unfortunately, I thought they were so distinctive that I couldn't justify buying multiples...then I got to thinking...

I wonder what they would look like if I removed the striped cuff (which is sewn on) and let the frayed edge remain?  So, I ordered the beige and painstakingly removed the cuff and voila!  They're perfect!  Ankle pant with a frayed edge; double cuff it for a cropped (or is it capri?) look; tall boots in winter!  I was so impressed with myself (lol) and with the look that I ordered the black and the indigo, too.

Fashion genius or fashion madness?

DG2 by Diane Gilman Striped Cuff Skinny Jean

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Genius or Fashion Madness...

I say genius!Love your idea so now I will be having a look at some of my jeans to see if I can't tweak them a little.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

Couldn't you just find them already the way you wanted them?

DG2 isn't cheap!

Sorry but I'm going with madness if you spent $50 a pair on them!

Honored Contributor

I love people who are willing to take a chance with a new item to alter it and "make it their own".  I do this all the time with household items especially.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Fashion genius or fashion madness?

@MacDUFF  

Definitely genius!  That's the sort of thing I do with a lot of my clothes.   Good work!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fashion madness now in high/low bottom of jeans. UGH! What next stupid fashion? I'm saving SO much $$$$ on fashion this year for sure! $249 LOL!

Untitled.jpg

Respected Contributor

You made it work for you!  Lol

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF,

Gurrrrrl...you are so smart! Woman Very Happy Great idea!Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@dex

@Kachina624

@ALRATIBA

Thanks!  Sometimes my tweaks (aka big fat ideas lol) work; other times, eh not so much!  

The other tweak I made recently that turned out just the way I wanted it to...and if any of the Linea Ladies see this they're going to be incredulous LOL...

I took out the longer dangle of this necklace...it was all a bit too much for me...I made earrings out of 2 of the medium sized triangles and am looking for a nice toggle to make a bracelet out of the remaining piece...

Linea by Louis DellOlio Bold Geometric Shapes Necklace - J325473

@Andreatoo

I couldn't find anything I liked with a tall inseam; most of what's out there is either too "skinny" (ie, sausage casings) or too flared or too cropped or too expensive (for one pair of jeans).  These were on sale for $30, so for approx $120 (+ tax and S&H), I got one white pair with a striped cuff, and three pairs in other colors that I can wear in three different ways and in several seasons.  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi MacDuff!

Very cute crop pant.  I bet the pair you "Made your own" are  darling.  

I have followed Diane,DG2 for a long time, since she first started on HSN.  I really like her clothing line and her style.

Great job...MacDuff!