Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 54,451
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Fashion Friends, What's New and Good?

Hi Fashion Friends,

 

Long time no see!Cat Very Happy

 

I am off today, so I thought I would check in and see what's new in your fashion world, and if you have any updates to share.

 

In May of 2022 I was injured breaking up a girl fight in my intern's classroom, and I have permanent partial disability in my hands/wrists.  

 

Some of you remember that I was able to get out of education in July of 2022, and I started a new job in corporate.  At the time that I was wrapping up one job and preparing to start my new job, I was going to PT twice a week at 6-6:30 a.m. so that I could get my session in before the work day.

 

At about the same time, my mother announced that she was leaving FL and moving to be closer to me. I spent evenings and weekends going to view properties on her behalf.  She sold her house, we flew her up to see some properties over Labor Day weekend, and on her way back with the Realtor, a new listing popped up right around the corner from us, within walking distance.  She made an offer and moved later in September.  FL was hit with a hurricane, and her possesions were held up in storage, so she stayed with us for about three weeks until the movers came.

 

It took almost three months to get her unpacked and settled in.  Her packing in FL was haphazard, with friends pitching in, so nothing was organized and it meant that I was going over to her place after work for a few hours each day.

 

Just as we got her settled in, my BF's mom sold her 4BR 3.5BA house and downsized to a 2BR condo, so we spent several evenings and weekends helping her pack and unpack.  I schooled her about Buy Nothing, and we were able to list several things that she was giving away in her big purge.

 

In November of this year my mom was diagnosed with double breast cancer, had surgery the week before Christmas, and spent February-March doing daily radiation.  I was able to take her to most of her appointments, but I've been working a lot to make up the time that I spent at radiation.

 

I'm off today because I'm having surgery on Monday, and then I'll be out of office for about six weeks.

 

So that's about it on my end.

I mostly work from home, so not a lot of exciting fashion updates.  I generally wear T-shirts, sweatpants and slippers, but I do have some new favorite purchases if you'd like to see them.

 

I hope everyone has been doing well, and please check in with any updates you might have from July 2022.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,441
Registered: ‎10-11-2017

Re: Fashion Friends, What's New and Good?

Sounds like you've had your hands full. Hoping everything goes well with your surgery and will pray for both you and your mom. Good to see you back.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,022
Registered: ‎06-02-2023

Re: Fashion Friends, What's New and Good?

WELCOME  BACK

 

I very well remember your contributions here and so glad to see you back. I am soooooo sorry about your injury and also about your mother's diagnosis. Anyway, just wanted to say it's so nice to see you posting here. Blessings to you and yours!

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 54,451
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Re: Fashion Friends, What's New and Good?


@catter70 wrote:

Sounds like you've had your hands full. Hoping everything goes well with your surgery and will pray for both you and your mom. Good to see you back.


@catter70 

Thank you! Yes, it's been busy and a wild ride.  In my free time, I'm also helping other teachers to set up their LinkedIn, create resumes, and interview prep so that they can get out of education.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,562
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Fashion Friends, What's New and Good?

@lolakimono 

 

Wow,  you have had a lot of change in your life over the last couple of years.

 

Your mom is lucky to have you in her life; I'm sure she is grateful for your love, care and very practical help at this time with her health challenges. You are a wonderful daughter.

 

Good luck with your surgery and recovery.  

 

I'm sending you "Angel Swooshes."  A friend of mine sent them to me; I also have been dealing with cancer since the summer of 2023.  I like the idea of "Angel Swooshes."  It makes me feel like I am in good hands, or at least "good wings!" 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 54,451
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Re: Fashion Friends, What's New and Good?


@maximillian wrote:

@lolakimono 

 

Wow,  you have had a lot of change in your life over the last couple of years.

 

Your mom is lucky to have you in her life; I'm sure she is grateful for your love, care and very practical help at this time with her health challenges. You are a wonderful daughter.

 

Good luck with your surgery and recovery.  

 

I'm sending you "Angel Swooshes."  A friend of mine sent them to me; I also have been dealing with cancer since the summer of 2023.  I like the idea of "Angel Swooshes."  It makes me feel like I am in good hands, or at least "good wings!" 


@maximillian 

Thank you! 

Yes, the only constant has been change, LOL.

I'm sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis and I hope that you are on the path to good health and wellness.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 54,451
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Re: Fashion Friends, What's New and Good?


@PansyBoo wrote:

WELCOME  BACK

 

I very well remember your contributions here and so glad to see you back. I am soooooo sorry about your injury and also about your mother's diagnosis. Anyway, just wanted to say it's so nice to see you posting here. Blessings to you and yours!

 

 


@PansyBoo 

Thank you! I don't know how long I'll be around here.  I lurked a few weeks ago and it looked like nothing much has changed in terms of the fashion discussions.  I have been spending time in other places, when I have free time to engage on social media.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 36,480
Registered: ‎05-22-2016

Re: Fashion Friends, What's New and Good?

So happy to see you here again! Woman Happy @lolakimono 

Contributor
Posts: 56
Registered: ‎08-09-2010

Re: Fashion Friends, What's New and Good?

So nice to see you back!  I have missed you on AM Style threads.  Hope surgery is successful.  Know there are great advantages to working from home, but do you miss picking out outfits and dressing up?  I'm retired and don't buy much anymore, but do miss putting outfits together, shoes, jewelry, clothes.  I still do to run errands, go to church or rare social events.  Liked the challenge of finding new ways to put what I had together.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 54,451
Registered: ‎03-29-2012

Re: Fashion Friends, What's New and Good?


@SilleeMee wrote:

So happy to see you here again! Woman Happy @lolakimono 


@SilleeMee 

Same!

How have you been SilleeMee?