Super Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 9/4/21)...

My favorite outfits this week from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit.  I might put an accessory on my shopping list.  Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations.  Sometimes, I just love the whole look.  Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy... 

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads!

#1...linen...love this color combination

#2...ditto 

#3(a)
White lace dress

#3(b)
white maxi dress

#4...oh dear, the sweater and the darker bag with the sandals-that-scream-summer and show toes again...normally, I think this look is contradictory (for lack of a better word), so I'm trying to figure out why I think this outfit works anyway...could it be the white jeans?  Whatever, I really like this outfit.

#5...I'm obviously still on a dress kick...LOVE this

#6...Love this one even more

#7(a)...but this one is my favorite haha

#7(b) 

#9...love this brown and white blouse...don't even talk to me about short shorts, those days are loooong over...nowadays, I feel pretty risqué if I wear bermuda shorts hahaha

#10...boho flashback...cute skirt (but not with this blouse)

#15...I'm not a big fan of animal print, especially in fashion colors, but I really like this, go figure...I think the denim shirt "tames" the animal print haha

I hope everyone has a pleasant, relaxing Labor Day and a great week.
~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Valued Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 9/4/21)...

@MacDuFF I really enjoy your weekly postings! Thanks.

This week, I am inspired. I love the shoes in #7, which really was not the focus lol. I can mimic #16 with a simpler blue shirt I already own, along with other things in my current stash.

#12 pushed me to purchase item #A453929, in black, as I have been looking at those repeatedly this week. That outfit is one I can also put together from my closet once those shoes arrive.

Respected Contributor

5,8, and 14 but I love the Southwestern vibe(14) of the dress, jewelry and sandals-I would definitely wear it even thoughh I am only 5'4".

Super Contributor

I love the shoes in #7, too, @KLm   And your Dingo boots are really nice...the black is stunning!  I need to check out the shoe forum more often cuz my shoe collection is functional, but kind of boring.  Have fun putting together your new outfits!

@chessylady   The color of the dress in #14 is gorgeous!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like this.  Very interesting combination.  Unique.  

I would iron and button the shirt.

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDuFF : Thanks for the post!

While I do not have any of these clothes, I am inspired by some of the color combinations that will work especially well for fall with items I own:

#1- just came across stretch twill pants in the color of the pictured linen pants. Will pair with a black linen top

#4- Black & white combo- a classic and it does not read "summer".

#13: I just picked up a fabulous faux leather jacket, shorter than the one pictured but the same color. Will pair it with the colors shown.

Esteemed Contributor

I like #7 and the dress in #14. The blouse in #9 is also pretty.  

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Like them all and similar to the way I dress.  Exception (I don't like) are Numbers 5, 7, 11 & 14.  I don't care for the style of the 3 dresses and hated that Jean when it was in style many years ago ( not an attractive look on most people).  I prefer a slim,boot cut  or straight leg  I.e. more fitted Jean. I'm 5'5" and wear a Size 4 or 6.  The above referenced styles would gobble me up.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Each one a winner.  My only negative comment goes to number 14.  Pretty look as is, if  the hat in her hand is not worn.

Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF 

Happy Labor Day weekend , everyone!  
I look forward to the weekly fashions posted. Some favorites:

#4 The black and white sweater with white jeans and black sandals are great. I would change out the bag, though.

#5 That green dress with the black strappy sandals is so girly! I wish I had an occasion to wear it and twirl my skirt.

#9 I really like the pattern of the brown and white blouse. Although I don't personally wear much brown, the white breaks it up so it is wearable for me.

Thank you.