Esteemed Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 9/12/20)...

[ Edited ]

My favorite outfits this week from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit.  I might put an accessory on my shopping list.  Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations.  Sometimes, I just love the whole look.  Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

#1...not my look at all, but really well done

#3...Color!  With black...love

#4...color!!!

Dream Mule Review

#6...a belt half this size and it's a love

#7...Missoni...so beautiful

#9...this is the kind of jacket I love

#10...But I could learn to love this beauty!

black-look-new-steel-9

#14...love everything about this (too bad I can't wear fit and flare hahaha)

#15...ditch the humongous scarf and wear it as a shawl...I really really want this necklace!

#16...whimsical

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 9/12/20)...

[ Edited ]

@FancyPhillyshopper 

This is several days late and a few dollars short, but I wanted to respond to your post on last week's Fashion Favorites.  (I'm not here as often as I used to be, and I have trouble keeping up!)

I'm not an expert on the subject and don't know the ins and outs of fashion blogging and certainly don't know the business end of it, but that's never stopped me from having opinions hahaha.

My guess is that, back in the early days of cyberspace, women created their own websites to post pics and chat about fashion (and other subjects) just for the heck of it!  (Zuckerberg probably got the idea for FB from fashion bloggers hahaha.)  

The first fashion blog I ever viewed was from a post on this board.  Someone mentioned it, and I googled it, and I've been viewing it ever since.  The blog is now called Susan After 60, but when I first viewed it it was called Fifty, Not Frumpy...which gives you an idea how long I've been viewing it.  

Some bloggers are world travelers and combine travel with fashion ("What I packed for my vacation in Italy")...but I doubt many of them actually travel the world just to post a pic of an outfit in front of the Colosseum. 

I'm interested in what women wear in other countries, so I regularly view fashion blogs from Italy, Spain, France, Canada, England, Haiti, Scotland, to name a few, and, of course, the USA.  So lots of the pics are actually taken on women's home turf...maybe in front of the Colosseum, if they happen to live nearby.

If they own a certain piece, some bloggers mention the brands, some don't.  Somewhere along the line, these blogs gained popularity and the bean counter marketing types noticed high "traffic" data on certain blogs.  When women viewers started asking bloggers where they purchased this or that, light bulbs went off over the heads of brand reps who contacted the bloggers to negotiate a collaboration.  The word "influencer" was thrown around.  Throughout the years, I've seen collabs with QVC, Walmart, Target, Soft Surroundings, Nordstrom, and many others.  

Bloggers are either gifted an item to showcase or are compensated if you click on the link from their site and purchase.  They all say they don't make a lot of money from it, and they're all upfront about gifted items and link compensation.  It's a lot of free advertising/publicity for the brands/designers if you ask me.

I view my favorite blogs every night after dinner to wind down and veg out, much like I used to read fashion magazines back in the day.  I save some of the pics that inspire me in some way for a month or two, and I also share them here. 

Now that I think of it, I used to cut pics out of those magazines and pin them to a corkboard...I think I'm owed a finder's fee from Pinterest!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

The woman in #9 and #10 looks very classy, except I think the pants in #10 should be longer.  

I also think she looks good in #8, but don't like the way the silk blouse fits.  

Super Contributor

This is my favorite week you have ever posted.  All cute inspirations!   Thanks for sharing.   I like these styles and ideas this week.

Respected Contributor

#3 is my fav

Esteemed Contributor

I like number 10.  

Esteemed Contributor

#12 is my favorite!!  I also like #14 except for the skirt.  I don't care for big bold prints.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I really like #3 and 4 and there are quite a few items I would absolutely wear.  Also, some way to young or to trendy for me.  But I do love most of the looks.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I like #8 and of course the skirt in#12. 

Esteemed Contributor

Love the colors and the collar on #4.  I have never had anything like it, must go look.

Thanks for posting.