Super Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 8/6/22)...

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads! I read them all. I especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

#1  This is the silhouette I've been playing with lately...I like it, especially for summer

#2  I'd change the sneaks for either black sandals or black and white sneaks

#3  Very uniform-ish for me

#6  Yep, uniform-ish (except for the heels, which I can't wear anymore )

#7  I guess this cover-up would go with just about any color bathing suit!  I think it's kool.

#8  Our fashion friend, Ahn, had her baby...love her outfit

#12  I love the silhouette and think this outfit would make a great base for silver jewelry and a colorful handbag

#14  Looove this!

#15  Too long to wear as a blouse...too short to wear as a dress...I don't really love dusters, so wouldn't wear it that way...but, I don't care because I. Want. This!!!   

#16  It must be uniform week...love this

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 8/6/22)...

I like #16 (and I don't think it looks like a uniform) and the orange shoes in #7. It's strange how one week I like them all and the next hardly any. Go figure! I hope you have a good week too @MacDuFF!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Hello! My favorites this week are 16 love that look! One of my coworkers and I call that look the uniform also! It’s so easy and it works! 17 wow! That big slit!,hot!!! That skirt in 13 so pretty and effortless. And who doesn’t like a cute baby!
Honored Contributor

I choose #3 for a very cool and neat every day look and #10 if I wanted to get more dolled up!  Lovely!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

#13 is my very favorite!!!!

Respected Contributor

@MacDuFF 

You could use the much desired # 15 as a beach cover up or after-shower robe while you do makeup, hair, etc.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

Two things stand out for me: the handbag in #14 and the duster in #15. I would wear it as a duster since it wouldn't work as a dress. 

Nothing else is appealing. I like the idea of silhouette photos, but the fashions are just OK, nothing I'm attracted to. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

Hello @MacDuFF 

Can't say any are a wow for me this week, but that said, my favs are:

#1, cute summer casual on a trip somewhere..Morocco? 

#5, I like the shape of this, both pants and top, flattering and smart looking. Color is a bit dreary on her, which I'm surprised to say...usually a cool olive is one of my favorite neutrals...here it's a bit drab for some reason, to me. But I still like the outfit. I think with her coloring it doesn't pop. But suits her body.

#10 is nothing I'd personally wear, just not my personal style, but she looks pretty and chic and ready for lunch al fresco with the ladies.

#13 is nice, casual, feminine, comfortably chic, and her hair looks fab.

Thanks for posting~always fun to see what you come up with.

Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF   I am impressed with this week's selections, not just for the outfits, but some of th backgrounds in the pictures. (Picture #1 and the women with the adorable baby.)

#1 This looks so nice and chic on the model.

#4 Sassy outfit that I would have totally worn in my younger days.

#5 I like this outfit except for the color. The top is interesting with the buttons on the diagonal.

#6 and 16 Good every day outfit/uniform.

#10 Love the black cut out top. It's very classy to me.

Thanks for sharing 🌸☀️

Respected Contributor

The billowy blouse and sharp trousers in #10 is my favorite.

My next choice would be the sophisticated simplicity of #5.

Love the vibrant blue colors in #4. 

The #7 beach cover up is amazing!!

These are what stood out to me. Thank you for sharing!