Valued Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 8/5/23)...

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads. I read them all and especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

NOTE:  The geniuses AOL are still in the process of utterly ruining...I mean "upgrading" their service, and it's a mess!  Last time I looked, there was a thread with over 14,000 negative feedback posts.  I'm just thankful I'm not using AOL for anything important.  These pics will either post properly...or not.  Sorry if it ends up a mess or those pesky little green boxes UGH.

#3   I think the blogger wore it better!

Lifestyle Influencer, Jamie Lewinger of More Than Turquoise wearing floral bias cut maxi skirt from Karen Millen

#4   Beautiful summer slingbacks Ann Taylor

#6(a)

How to Wear a Shorts Suit With Both Heels and Flats

#6(b)

How to Wear a Shorts Suit With Both Heels and Flats

#7   Get well Susan

#8   @Trinity11   I love this woman's take on "quiet luxury," Lydia Jane Tomlinson (see #9, too)

#9  Lydia again

Visual search query image

How to dress at 50 to look attractive and elegant: Pilar de Arce

#11   L.A. thrifter

#13  Wish I could find a better pic because this is my favorite

white blazer jeans summer work outfit

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, stylish week!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 8/5/23)...

@MacDuFF   Hi Cuz. Some of your pictures (#11, 12, 13) didn't come through on my iPad. I hope AOL completes it upgrading soon. What a pain.
My only picks this week are #1 & #2. Both are classic and stylish. Have a great week! ☀️🌺

Trusted Contributor

Numbers 9, 11, 12, and 13 didn't show up on my iPad.  Number 1 looks just like something I wore in the 70's.  I thought the clothes were really ugly in that time period, lol.  I lived in blue jeans.  Girls weren't allowed to wear pants to school until I reached high school in the early 70's and I think I was a senior when they allowed everyone to, eeek, wear blue jeans to school.

I do like the creamy yellow outfit but I've always liked a monochromatic outfit.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not seeing #9, 10, 11 or 12 either.  My Favorites are #2 and #6a & b although, for some reason, the sandals aren't cutting it for me.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

I like 2 and 6😊

Respected Contributor

MacDuFF, some of the pictures aren't viewable for me either.

For me, today's winners are the blazers #14, #8 and #2.

The handbag and shoes in #8 are very pretty; in #6 the shoes are clunky and bag is more of an overnight bag than a handbag; both a no for me.

Thank you for another great post @MacDuFF 

Honored Contributor

I like the classic styles of #1, 2, & 14. I like a good cardigan, jacket, or blazer as a layering piece. 

I would like #8 better if the jeans were slim, straight, or barely bootcut. Don't like that barrel shape leg.

Trusted Contributor

My favorite is #4, sling back shoe.  Wish I could wear them again.