Esteemed Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 8/21/21)...

My favorite outfits this week from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit.  I might put an accessory on my shopping list.  Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations.  Sometimes, I just love the whole look.  Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy... 

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads!

@barrel racer    With a little imagination, I can see women of several sizes wearing some of these outfits in their size.  If you check-in each week, I post outfits fairly often from plus size bloggers.

@spiderw    I'm having a dress moment or two myself!

@Foxxee   I have difficulty with transitional footwear.  I default to sneaks or mules.  Agree with you that items like long sleeves are not great with really summery sandals.  But what do you think of sandals with a higher vamp?  Such as in #15...I have two pairs like that...picture that outfit with a long sleeved cardi/duster in, say, navy, which would make it similar to the one last week.

@okaywitheasypay    I'm fairly tall, and I don't like dusters for the same reason you don't...most of them look like bathrobes on me.

#11(a)...I want this bag!  Favorite outfit.

#11(b)
mail.jpg

#12...Love the dress...don't like the belt with it.

#17...1940's inspired

I hope everyone has a great week!
~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 8/21/21)...

#9 is so unusual-really a standout!

I think it's prettySmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I like so many this week I can't keep track of the numbers! I do agree with you about the belt on #12. It just doesn't look right to me with that dress. Is it because the belt is too skinny or it's sitting too low? Or is it just that the dress doesn't need a belt?👗

Honored Contributor

I love numbers one, three and six tops!  The number 12 dress is lovely and I  like all the colors and style, it looks comfortable.  The number 9 dress is elegant and reminds me of something Grace Kelly would have worn as a young actress in a movie!  

All in all a very nice fashion show!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF  #7 and #9

Honored Contributor

6 & 7 - Love both of these.  I wore that type of top when I lived in SoCal many years ago.  Unfortunately those days are behind me.  Putting a blouse under the vest would ruin the outfit.

#11 - That is more my style now.  Love the shoes and bag.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF   #14 could easily have been mee....I like to wear all white frequently and similar style.  Wearing white makes me happy.... so, of course, my favorite.  You have a great week too!

Respected Contributor

Lots of good ones this week!  Love the prints on the dresses especially #9 and #12.  Unfortunately I haven’t needed a dress since pre-Covid.  #11 and #13 are the two that I could see myself wearing. 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the top in #1 and the black outfit in #7.  Don't care about #12. The pattern would be good in a shirt, but too much going on in the dress.  

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF I so enjoy these posts of yours!  I look but rarely comment.  Hope you don't mind me sharing my 2 cents.

Nos. 2 through 7 : thumbs down.   The rest are lovely!