Super Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 8/13/22)...

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads! I read them all. I especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

#1   She looks great...I would look like a picnic table

#2   Looove

#5   Favorite

#6  (Apologies if this is a repeat.)  These jeans are too kool

#7   DiAnne   Note the metallic sandals with straw bag...I think the platform is too high

#8   Wow factor

#9   She made this

#10   The Headless Minimalist...so effortless

#11   2nd favorite

#12   Love (but I'd button the blouse...sheesh!)

#14   Open front kimono (beautiful) tucked in...great idea

#17   Aren't these colors gorgeous?  

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 8/13/22)...

1 and 2 are so wonderful.  You could wear these forever and ever and not get sick of them!  15 is lovely -- I will never get over my love of animal print.  This could be a go-to dress!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Favorites are #2, #14 (Kimono is beautiful) and #15. I like animal prints, have a leopard print shirt I often wear. 

I don't care about #11. Not a good pose the model has and I can't figure out what the blue part is. Maybe it's a scarf, but it looks awkward like it doesn't belong or is misplaced. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Good Morning, @MacDuFF!  I have some favorites this week:

#1 That black and white checked skirt is great. I would wear it at the knee. At 5'3", I don't want to be swallowed up by fabric.

#2 is a cute, easy, and effortless style, although I would add some color to the outfit.

#4 has a nice beachy vibe

#6 I love those swirled jeans! They are artwork. The color palette is soft and unusual without being distracting.

#18 The model looks fabulous in her clothes and she can rock a red lip!!

Thanks for sharing.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have so many favorites this week ... 

2 - like the color combo and the fit of top/pants together. I would need a few more inches on top to cover the elastic waistband tho for me to feel comfortable.

4 - this is the kind of outfit I wear when we're at our family beach house when going into "town". Easy peasy and so comfortable. 

5 - I like this because the colors are so fun. Not sure I could wear head to toe, but if I did I wouldn't wear tied. Probably wear w/ a tank underneath and the blouse partially buttoned and hanging down. I would really need to have a bit of a tan to pull off this color combo ...

6 - I think I would wear those pants, but a little shorter. Not w/ that top tho ... I think my adult sons would throw one of their tee shirts at me and tell me to cover "that area" up. 

10 - more covered up version of #2 and I love it. Would have to wear w/ more comfortable shoes tho.

14 - love this look and I WOULD wear those shorts. Love them.

16 - I want straight leg jeans in that exact color. Obsessed w/ that color of jean.

17 - Love the color of the dress. I liked most of the dresses, but so many were very long and since I'm not particularly tall (or graceful) long dresses seem to overpower my body w/ just too much fabric. I've also never quite mastered walking up and down stairs w/o catching my shoe on the hem.

Thanks for sharing your finds ... it's always so much fun to see what you have come up with. Smiley Happy

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

@MacDuFF  I so enjoy your posts and read them all the way through. Thanks so much

Esteemed Contributor

I like them all but #8 is my favorite.  I love the colors of the skirt.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm really loving the kimono in #14.  I'm not feeling the shorts so I'd probably wear it with black capris or pants (either tucked in as a top or as a kimono with a t-shirt underneath.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown