Super Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 8/12/23)...

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads. I read them all and especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

NOTE: Still trying to figure out a new system for archiving (and sharing with you) my favorite inspiration pics.  It looks okay in my folder, so I may have figured out a workable hack. 

I regularly visit e-magazines, bloggers, and shopping sites in other countries, which may be a season ahead or behind us.  I used to have separate seasonal folders and would post in season and do things like resize to make it nice/relevant for your viewing, but I don't have the energy or patience, so hopefully this looks good enough.  If it's not too much trouble, let me know which pics you cannot see.  Thank you! Here goes nothing...

#6  Sezane

#7  Sezane

#8  LOVE the fit of these jeans and, surprisingly (because I'm not a fan of loafers or lug soles), I love them with the loafers...go figure

#10  Same here...not a fan of leather pants or combat boots, but I love this outfit

#12  Johnny Was

#13  Queen Letizia of Spain...favorite

#16   Interesting

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe, stylish week!

(In case you're interested...remember the AOL feedback thread I mentioned last week with over 14,000 negative responses to AOL's "upgrade?"  It was scrubbed...shame on them.  But that didn't deter hundreds upon hundreds of royally PO'd AOL users from posting their disgust and anger on new threads.  AOL's scrub team has a lot more work to do hahaha...they deserve it IMO!!!)

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 8/12/23)...

The tops in numbers 4 and 5 are just lovely!  The green sweater in number 6 is so pretty and I love that it has buttons!  My favorite of the group is number 12, the very appealing velvet blue jacket, love the style and design, it reminds me of the sixties style.  All in all a very nice trip through photos of attractive outfits!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I like the jacket in no 1. Such a pretty color and something that when you wear it, it makes you feel pretty and makes a lot of things look better that might not look so great on their own.

Lots of pretty things on the models that I always appreciate looking at, but I can't see myself in most of them. I would definitely wear the jacket in no 1 though!

Hope you have a very good week too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I am in love with the pink bag in #15 (and I haven't even seen Barbie yet!) Smiley Happy

The blue bag in #7 (is it suede?) is a close runner up.  You can't really see the bag in #10 but looks interesting. 

#1 is fresh and crisp. #9 is casual and fun - great mules!

Beautiful green sweater in #6. Soft beautiful jacket in #12.

@MacDuFF another lovely, inspiring array of fashions. Thank you!!

Respected Contributor

Hi @MacDuFF   My favorites this time are #'s 1 and 10.

I love the pleated pants and casualness in #1, and I agree; I don't wear leather pants these days, but the outfit in #10 is quite attractive.

Esteemed Contributor

#1 Is how I wear a blouse as a jacket/topper in spring or summer here in pacific northwest. 

#3 Love those jeans...cut, color, length.

#5 I have a very similar sweater, but without those patch pockets and buttons are different. Okay...I guess that just means I have a short striped sweater...lol.

#10 I like that look too. Love the loose fit on pants and I've been kind of obsessed with finding the "right" drab army green pant for myself. Not ever going to go leather pants...but I do like those pants. Actually, now that I look at that picture again, are those green or gray pants? Regardless of color, they are nice pants.

Thanks for sharing your finds.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

@MacDuFF  My favs r 1,3,4,5,6,12 and 13.  Fun looking at pretty outfits. Thx

Respected Contributor

I like quite a few of these fashion favorites (love #6 green sweater), but number 12 led me to reminiscing about my 70's hippie days. It made me smile when I realized I still like it, and maybe miss it a little, too. Good times; good memories.

Honored Contributor

#12 really does it for me!  Love that little top -- the color, fabric and adornments!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Hello, @MacDuFF   My only pick for this week is outfit #3, the taupe blazer with the brown sweater and blue jeans. As much as I love color, I do like brown and blue together. The other outfits didn't "speak" to me. Some were too billowy for my style, and the shoes too chunky. I guess I like more classic streamlined clothing. I hope everyone has a great day. 😄