Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 6/19/21)...

@MacDUFF, Do you have any information on that green sweater?

Honored Contributor

They are all lovely, but my fave is the white maxi dress.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My gosh....I think I like almost all of them.  I don't have a pen to write numbers (as usual).......maybe later on.  

I'm the one who loves green worn with light pastel blue.  

Excellent choices today.  Thank you.Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

16A and 16B -  finally jeans the way I like and wear them.  

The woman in the green bathing suit looks like she has her hair in rollers LOL.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

#7  - Love that green!

#12 - Great print pants.  Would love to have those.  

Super Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

They are all lovely, but my fave is the white maxi dress.

Same here! I would wear that white dress in a heartbeat. I wish I had an occasion to wear such a dress. 

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @tiny 2 ...long time!  Hope you are well.  I checked, and that gorgeous green sweater is sold out on a website called edited dotde.  But, even if it weren't sold out, the blogger and the company are in Frankfurt, and the company doesn't ship outside Germany.  It's always something.

@Flatbush   @Foxxee   @Skezeldog   @phoenixbrd     The woman in #17 is in Ottawa, Canada where the temps are in transition right now (today 82, tomorrow 63), so her outfits (and others in different areas/climates) are reflective of that. I don't mind the colors in her outfit for a chilly, overcast spring day, but that's because I disregard what colors the fashion industry/salespeople/self-proclaimed professional stylists think I should wear and when...I do see/understand why others wouldn't wear that combination except in the fall.  For me, I don't want two separate sets of clothing for spring and fall, so I wear almost all of my transitional outfits in both seasons.  I dress by the outside temps, so you might just see me in a gray cashmere sweater in spring or a bright pink button front blouse in the fall.  I'm a rebel.

I've noticed that I have a big hole in my footwear for transitional weather (WHY do I have such a hard time with transitional wear!!?).  I really need closed toe mules for a "lighter" look that's not too summery.  That's why I noticed her sandals...it's an out-of-proportion look I don't like on myself.

@shoptilyadropagain   I saw your choices for this week and it really threw me for a loop 'cuz I could not remember posting those pics just two days ago.  Granted, I don't keep up here like I used to (or like I should to do justice to the nice posters who comment on my threads), but I really thought I had finally lost it...until I realized you had posted on a Fashion Favorites thread from May of 2020!  hahaha!  Which ones, if any, do you like this week?

And while I'm thinking of it... @SurferWife  I noticed your new avatar pic a while ago with slightly shorter and lighter hair and wanted to tell you that I LOVE IT!!  I've always been a little jealous of your hair!

Thanks to all for your interesting and nice comments.  Hope your week is going well!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

Thank you!  I'm enjoying the lighter red this summer.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Oh @MacDUFF , I don't know what happened.  I wasn't on the boards all weekend but when I logged in yesterday, your fashion thread from a year ago was, somehow, towards the top so I didn't even look at the date and just "assummed" it was your latest weekly post.   AYI yi yi!!!  LOL!

Anyway, this week, my favorites are #11 (I WANT THAT PURSE) with #1 and #2 as honorable mentions.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I really like #'s 5, 7, 11. 16(a) and 17.  I like the touch of fall I got a glimpse of as the temps keeping going way up into the 90's.  Makes me realize cooler days will be here at some point.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."