Super Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 6/11 22)...

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads! I read them all. I especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

Also, @shoptilyadropagain  @CatsyCline   @Nonametoday  and @gertrudecloset (I think that color is hot pink).  I tried to heart your posts on last week's FF thread, but couldn't...what else is new on these forums...sigh.

#1   I wouldn't wear the bow pin (the scarf on the bag is enough IMO), but otherwise nicely done!

#2  I don't like the ripped knee, and the shoes are cute except for that unfortunate up-turned toe, which reminds me of the Wizard of Oz for some strange reason...otherwise, I love this, especially the yellow cashmere shawl

#4   I want these sandals!

#5   Love how this looks so easy and effortless...my 2nd favorite

#6   I couldn't wear the top, but the cords are interesting, and I want that bag!

#8   Love the dress...the shoes not so much

#9   I just thought these two pieces looked great together

#11   I love jumpsuits...this is a beautiful color

#12   Vintage Ralph Lauren blazer and vintage Louis Vitton...IIRC, it's a travel/make-up case, but she uses it as a handbag...the shoes look painful!

#14  Another easy, effortless casual look that I favor

#15   You probably wouldn't have guessed that this is my favorite...I'm not a fan of mixed prints (I'm not even a big fan of prints in general), but this one works for me, but I have no idea why haha.  I especially looove the blouse

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 6/11 22)...

It's always fun to view your fashion favorites. I'm all for #5 and 14. Elevated, comfortable, casual. Perfect for my lifestyle. 

Honored Contributor

There's something about each one that I like but some of my favorites are the #1 outfit but not the handbag.  I might like a handbag in a different color but with the scarf and the "corsage" on her coat, it's a bridge too far.  I love the whole look, however, except the decor on them.

Like you, I love the sandals in #4.  I am in love with white pants this summer more than in the past summers although I always liked them.  

I like the whole look of #6 except the blouse needs to be pulled up on the shoulders somewhat for me to love it.  Overall, it's a good look with the cords, the handbag and the see-thru shoes.

I love the jewelry of #9 (like you, I like how well they work together.  My favorite jewelry).

I like everything about #10 including the shoes.

I think #12 is my favorite overall look.  You can't beat Ralph, even with a Chanel stick.

#13, I like how she has used the pop of green shoes with the neutral colors and I like the colors. 

As always, I can find things I like about your choices but those are things that stand out for me.  Thanks for always bringing us this.  It gives my ho-hum week something to look forward to. 

Honored Contributor

#5 and #14 are my favorites.  I guess I'm loving "effortless" clothing!  Agree with your comments on the shoes....they really can break an outfit and painful shoes is not a good look.  The yellow cashmere shawl in #2 really elevates the unfortunate shoes and jeans.  

Respected Contributor

I would like to see this with white pants and shoes. The ripped jeans and shoes contridict the fresh clean look of remaning pieces of the outfit which might be the look she was going for.

Trusted Contributor

Happy Sunday, @MacDuFF 

I always look forward to these pictures. Here are my top picks:

#1-I like the look of this outfit but not the corsage with it. I also like the turned up sleeves to see the polka dots against the striped top.
#2-This is a pretty outfit except for the ripped jeans. I would wear darker denim.
#3- Easy peasy dressing

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

#8 Dress , love the style .

Esteemed Contributor

My favorites are #2, ripped jeans and all, and #14. 

Dislike everything about #15. Even worn separately, the outfits are a big "thumbs down."

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

While there are some individual pieces I like, this week there isn't any one complete outfit I like enough to covet.

Just the same I enjoyed your post.

I went back for a relook. The last outfit gave me a laugh.  In high school I was given detention for a visible belly button. I'd been warned before it was a violation of the school dress code.

Respected Contributor

My favorites are #5, #13, & #14.