Trusted Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 6/11 22)...

@MacDUFF , Any idea as to where we could find pocetbook ?   #6  ? Many thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Several pieces I love but that last one, I wouldn’t wear individually let alone together.

Esteemed Contributor

As always, I enjoyed looking over the picks this week.

I can't say there is one outfit that I would wear.  I think the yellow shawl is pretty, though. 

The jeans in #7 fit great in the waist area, but these look to be like an old pair of jeans to me.......not that I mind vintage jeans.  I have many in my wardrobe.  The knees are bagged out and I guess that is what makes them look like that to me.  At least they aren't floods. Woman Surprised

The white "sailor" looking pants are similar to a pair I had a few years ago.  I ended up thrifting them because there was just too much material swishing.  

I think the shoes in #12 are the reason she is leaning on the wall with a pained look on her face.  I didn't care for this look at all.  The jacket looks like a costume.

The pants in #14 look like MC Hammer.......but it could be my computer.  It doesn't display black very well.  

I agree and do see what you see in #15.  For different prints, being in the same colors family, it works for.............her.  

I feel as if I should refrain from commenting......and should sign my post:

Debbie Downer..Woman Sad  sorry~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

1 Love red, white, and dark navy for the summer. I’d omit the pin and scarf. I don’t own a navy blazer, but I own a navy cardigan & hoodie. Nice to see flats instead of strappy sandals which I can’t wear. 

# 3 I usually wear a print top with my white bottoms, but I really need to try all white and top it off with one of my colored jackets, blazers, or cardigans. Can’t wear those sandals. I’d substitute a pair of flats or sneakers. 

#7 I like the tucked in colorful top with the wider leg light wash jeans and belt. I can’t wear platforms anymore (did that in the 70s). I have a higher wedge sandal or espadrille I’d wear instead. 

Honored Contributor

I'm looking at the pics from my point of view ....my age, lifestyle,"look"and location.

The ones I like and/or would consider wearing  ...

------------------------------------------------

Nix the front tuck ...

===============================================

I have an almost identical outfit!  Black & white pieces are my wardrobe staples.

==============================================

Same with this .....just lose the faded jeans (which are appropriate for a cactus garden) ... replace them with a not-distressed very light wash - more appropriate for me)  Pair with a colorful Tolani or Attitudes top.

==================================================

Another good one ... wore almost the identical thing on Friday ... with flat shoes.

======================================================

Again - with a dark indigo or black bottom - definitely something I'd wear.  I do like dark blue / white / yellow combo. Have used those colors together several times in my knit/crochet pieces.

Love the metallic loafers ... at the moment I'm wearing some gold metallic slip-on canvas Gatas that I got from LandsEnd several years ago.

Love the long vest.  Over the years Renee, SG and LG had long sleeveless vests .... I bought them all ... and wear them all, and made some too!

===============================================

Above - I said I like black and white ... but definitely do not like this outfit.  Just too much going on.

Super Contributor

@sligo   That bag was from ASOS...sold out :crybaby:

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MacDuFF .  Hope you're well.  I'm looking forward to an interpretation soon.  LOL.

This week's picks, as usual are very interesting.  I see a few that I think you would wear (I would too).

# 2 is nice.  She's wearing that type of sneaker/shoe wedge.  I like the outfit.  I don't even mind the one ripped knee, but if you're gonna do ripped, both legs should be ripped in my opinion.  I like the color yellow....

#3. Is a good one.

#8  Good length for a dress.  I also like the drape of it.  Not sure I like the pattern though.

# 14 is wonderful, chill, relaxed.  I love it.  Of course I like the vast majority of the shoes everyone is wearing.  

Enjoy your week!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I love #1 but I'd lose the pin and wear a different shoe....maybe a black espadrille with a small wedge heel. I also love #14.  I understand the outfit is supposed to be loose and flowy but this still looks about one (or two) size too big on her.  Also, what is she carrying....a purse, scarf, ????

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset wrote:

Hi @MacDuFF .  Hope you're well.  I'm looking forward to an interpretation soon.  LOL.

This week's picks, as usual are very interesting.  I see a few that I think you would wear (I would too).

# 2 is nice.  She's wearing that type of sneaker/shoe wedge.  I like the outfit.  I don't even mind the one ripped knee, but if you're gonna do ripped, both legs should be ripped in my opinion.  I like the color yellow....

#3. Is a good one.

#8  Good length for a dress.  I also like the drape of it.  Not sure I like the pattern though.

# 14 is wonderful, chill, relaxed.  I love it.  Of course I like the vast majority of the shoes everyone is wearing.  

Enjoy your week!

@gertrudecloset Re #14, are those the ugliest shoes besides sneakers/trainers that God ever allowed in the marketplace.  Do they not make your feet look huge and manly mannish.  I do not understand why women have decided they want old feet to go with their "wanna-be-young" bodies. I am a 70ish woman and as long as the good Lord allows me to walk and wear feminine shoes, I will elect to do so.  I have cute Sam Edelman sandals, neat little Cole Haan mules and sweet little daywear Rothy's (several pairs of each) and they are comfy and attractive and Good Lord willing, until I leave this earth, I will not wear the same shoes as depicted in some of these posts.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

#3. Is a good one.

Enjoy your week!

@gertrudecloset Re #14, are those the ugliest shoes besides sneakers/trainers that God ever allowed in the marketplace.  Do they not make your feet look huge and manly mannish.  I do not understand why women have decided they want old feet to go with their "wanna-be-young" bodies. I am a 70ish woman and as long as the good Lord allows me to walk and wear feminine shoes, I will elect to do so.  I have cute Sam Edelman sandals, neat little Cole Haan mules and sweet little daywear Rothy's (several pairs of each) and they are comfy and attractive and Good Lord willing, until I leave this earth, I will not wear the same shoes as depicted in some of these posts.

I'm so happy for you that you have styles of shoes you enjoy.  Wear what pleases you and I will do likewise.  Something for everyone is what makes the world so much fun @Nonametoday .

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life