Esteemed Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 5/8/21)...

Notes from last week (I know, but as I've said before, I can't keep up like I used to!)...

@Foxxee ...I think this goes back two weeks (sooo embarrassing!), but all of my weekly pics are from fashion bloggers, most of whom don't use stylists.  Of course, I'm not privvy to any contracts made by these bloggers, but I believe most (if not all) of them are "gifted" an item and they, in turn, style it from their own closet, in their own way.  I also noticed the white bra with the (gorgeous) navy Sézane sweater (on one of my favorite minimalist bloggers), but I gave her a pass cuz she just had a baby!  

@Texasmouse ...at least you had a waist.  I think I've always been an apple.  The tie front works for me as long as the bottoms are somewhat wide AND somewhat high-waisted, otherwise, the "tie" wants to fall either above or below my muffin top and drives me crazy.  It's always something I tell ya!

@tobes ...yes, most of my favorites are going to be more casual/relaxed to suit my lifestyle, and relaxed is just more comfortable for me than fitted.  And although I see how they might be "right" for tunics, I never liked big/distracting/uncomfortable (for me) wide belts.  I do like some softer, thinner belts. 

@wilma ...missed you two weeks ago (always love to see your picks/tweaks)...hope you are well and your sister, too.

My favorite outfits this week from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit.  I might put an accessory on my shopping list.  Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations.  Sometimes, I just love the whole look.  Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

#2...love the looser fitting jeans and the sandals

#3...love the color and the long sleeves...give me this in a midi length, please!

#4...oh there was a time, my fashion friends, there was a time!  Now, I would wear it when I attend Coachella...you know, in my dreams.  I like this belt cuz it has a more casual look and adds to the outfit rather than detracts IMO, go figure.  Favorite outfit.

#5...yep, at the beach

christine andrew spring style

#9(a)...another flashback for me, but give me a few more inches inseam and a little less low cut
summer hair scarf outfit idea

#9(b)
summer hair scarf outfit idea

#10...love!

#11...pay no attention to the jeans, it's all about that blouse!

#12...gorgeous color

#13...classic

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 5/8/21)...

[ Edited ]

2,4 and 13. I agree that 4 is elevated boho. I will always go with black and white.

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF  #4 #9 and #10

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like the suit, but I think she needs to break up all this white. 

I'd wear a navy blouse or shirt with white stripe and navy and white flats with this classic suit.  Black stripe or other print, maybe, a small polka dot, would look good, too. 

Pants look a bit snug, though. 

I might think about an interesting pin on the lapel.  

Respected Contributor

the chick in 2 & 3 sells her stuff on HSN

Honored Contributor

Like the style of this coat, but not in white for me; however, with her dark hair, I think she looks stunning in this color combination.

Respected Contributor

Lots of beautiful outfits! I love the wrap dress in #7 but those sandals look a little heavy with it. I would wear a pair of espadrilles to go with the bag.

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF 

#6 - Purse - Love the color, but I need it larger. The pale blue color of the blazer is so pretty. Not a fan of baggy/loose jeans.

#8 - Shoes

#11 - Love the blouse! I like the buttons on the jeans, but it ends there. 

#13 - Like the monochromatic look.

#14 - Nice casual outfit.

Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to wake up on Sundays to a "fashion show."  👍

F/N/A luvstogarden
Esteemed Contributor

I like the blue blazer in #6, but the shoes don't seem to fit well. It looks like the model is falling off them.It would be nicer with better fitting shoes. 

The shirt in #11 is very pretty. BTW, I like jeans with holes in them, and wear that style myself. I don't think it takes away the look at all. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

I like many of the fashion favorite outfits you posted this week.  😁

The colors and print on #1 are so bright and fresh.  I thought to myself this is a print Isaac would love!    

A white shirt with light denim in the spring as shown in #2 is my kind of outfit. 

I like the white window pane print dress in #7. It looks easy and breezy. 

The boho shirt in #9 is cute but too low in the back (and maybe also the front for me). 

And finally, I love the texture and color/print of the shirt in #11.