Super Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 5/7/22)...

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads! I read them all. I especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

#2  Yes, except for the shoes (they look like socks).   

#3   Looove

#4   She made this!  

#5   Love this

#8   Great job styling these pants...I like the outfit on the right the best

#9  Boss lady...loooove the heels

#10   Vintage

#11(a)  Thrifting L.A. Lady (I wonder if she's a seamstress for the band, too haha)...this skirt is fun!

#11(b)  

#12   Perfection...my favorite

#14  This young woman is "just under 5 ft."  Her clothes always look perfectly proportioned...bet there's a whole lotta hemming going on in her house haha.  I love her style.

#15 Here's another sharp outfit from her...

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 5/7/22)...

There were so many this week that I adore. The only one I did not care for was 9 because of the pant length and that bell at the bottom. I just am not able to get past that style looking like high waters and/or wearing your baby sisters clothing. 

I like a well fitting pair of pants and so many of the pictures you picked this week had great fitting pants. I am not tall (5'5") and do not have long legs, so I really pay attention to pant length and how it hits on the leg (at ankle, dragging the ground, etc). On your other thread you discussed doing a whole topic on pant length and I think that would be a fabulous topic.

Could you be the model too and show the ridiculous pants? Ha ha. Just kidding about that part. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

I enjoyed seeing the outfits you posted. Most of them very elegant--and most of them rather "midcentury modern." I can get behind the return of flared leg pants, shirtwaist dresses, wide cuffs on shirts, peasant embroidery, etc. I like the variety!

The thing I can't get is the return of pointed toe shoes, especially the stilettos. Nearly everyone coming of age 50 years ago absolutely ruined their feet wearing these same shoes, and later paid for it dearly. I thought we'd gotten past choosing to actually damage outselves in order to follow fashion! Oops!

Honored Contributor

Numbers four and five are my favorites but I have to say I like each and every fashion shown.   These are outfits I would choose to wear, simple but stylish and classy.  I enjoyed this fashion show as I always do.  It is fun and refreshing!!!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ooooh...fun ones this week...

So, as usual, @MacDuFF , something catches my eye first, then I'll see your comment and often we swoon over the same things. 

That was the case with #3, I loooove that too. Smiley Happy It's simple, but those are some perfect fitting pants (not an easy task, usually) on her. Simple but looks fantastic.

#4, Love the retro dress, and little clutch to match, and the color. Very nice...wow, that she made it!

#5 I also love this! I'm not usually a "red gal" but love that top and skirt, just a cute, kind of Euro-nautical type thing to me...(vibes like a gondola guy with the bandana around his neck, to me.)

#6 is my "Perfection!" LOVE that dress. So perfect on her statuesque figure too. Love her little straw basket bag, her sandals, sunnies and her hair. I just think it's a comfortably chic, breezy look.

#13 Honorable mention...another "perfection" to me. Elegantly boho (which you don't often get, usually boho is more casual, not as "expensive" and pulled together)...love it all. She looks chic, and I love where she's sitting too...imagining what type setting, the courtyard steps of her city apartment?... and she's waiting for her friend to jaunt over to the cafe' or maybe a day at the vineyards, sipping some wine. 🍷😎

Thanks for sharing! 👗👛👡

Esteemed Contributor

I like the top and shoes in #13. That's something I could wear. 

The pants in #9 are too short, would look much better if they were lengthened at least to the ankle. 

Just no to the skirt in #11 and 11(b). I don't care about the Harlequin look. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Not a bad one in the bunch I'm surprised to see. @MacDuFF   Usually there are a couple of zingers that very few would be intersted in. 

I'm making room in my closets for all of these!!!!!  Ms Mac DuFF, you can be my stylist any day of any season!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Usually a lurker here but needed to comment. 

BEST selection overall. (With the exception of the checkered long skirt ( might work as a mini) and the vintage)

Many wearable  and well fitting outfits for everyday life. 
Glad to see tuck in with belts.  My style. Just wore white pants with coordinating belt and half tucked yesterday. 

Wish I could order #1,3,5,7,8,12,13,14.  

Thank you for the time and effort you take to present these outfits.

edited to add The Orange midi dress was pretty but she needed shoes.

Trusted Contributor

Pic 13.  That's my style.  It's casual but elegant at the same time.  I would get some monotone sneakers and could spend all day out walking and enjoying window shopping. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautiful classic, quality, dressing and my style, but no crop pants for me.  Not my color, but on her, I suggest darker boots to match handbag and different style.  Larger shoulder strap handbag.  Needs a brown belt.