Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 5/23/20)...

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA   I was surprised that I liked this outfit.  I don't usually go in for big, bold prints.  Don't even talk to me about big florals hahaha.  But, what about a leaf print? 

This one seemed different because of the black background, and altho most women, myself included, would automatically pick one of the colors for the top, I think the black "grounds" or "tames" the print.

So, I've been re-thinking a bold print...a bold leaf print...with a black background.  If you put these 2 pics back-to-back, to my eye (YMMV) I really see that the black background looks...better?...more sophisticated, yet still summery and casual...?  The white background is...expected?

OTOH, I would wear a slimmer, shorter, more fitted blouse, pop the collar, unbutton another button, and wear a yellow necklace or scarf.

Which brings me to another question...is she wearing a fanny pack with a long strap as a crossbody bag??  Or is it just a crossbody that looks like a fanny pack?  Is this a new thang in bags?  I truly don't know, but I can't say I like the look.  @tobes  

2711.jpg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I like all of them, so far.

The print dress looks 'a bit much'; but, in reality, I would try it on, and maybe wear it.

It looks airy and comfortable. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

My favorites this week are the first, third and fourth.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown