Super Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 4/30/22)...

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads! I read them all. I especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

@teganslaw   So far, I don't miss sleeveless/short sleeves even in the hottest temps.  I wear linen and 100% cotton tops and push up or cuff my sleeves...also have a few elbow length sleeves.   I'm not outside in summer much.   If the grid goes down for any long length of time, though, I'd get the scissors out for sure!

#1   This L.A. lady is a pro at thrifting.  I loooove this blazer...

#2  and this blouse and purse.  A woman after my own (thrifting) heart.

#5  Favorite piece...love the back pleats.

#7  Favorite outfit

#10  I had a similar pair of pants back in the day...if I close my eyes, I swear I can smell patchouli haha.

#11   Blouse was thrifted

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 4/30/22)...

Hi @MacDuFF!

I like how 12 and 13 look on the models and I like the front of that yellow trench! It reminds me of the yellow London Fog raincoat my mother gave me in high school.

Thanks again for your fun post!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I like taking a classic and adding an unexpected twist....the yellow trench and pink plaid blazer are my favorites.

Valued Contributor

I love the plaid blazer. I had the purse in  #2 in the seventies but it had a strap. 

Esteemed Contributor

A while back I bought a wool blue plaid blazer on a Talbot’s big sale.  I love the look, dressed up and dressed down.  I do very well with end of year sales from them,  but I already have so much I hardly wear as a retiree.  Time for a break.

Thank you for all your pretty pics. Very enjoyable, and I appreciate your good taste and hard work!

Honored Contributor

No. 14 is my favorite -- it's me!!!  I don't think I could wear the shoes any more, but I love the whole look and would definitely wear the top and jeans!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@MacDuFF 

This is a week of color and I'm in heaven!
My picks:

#4 and 5-The yellow checked blazer with the white pants and yellow pleated overcoat are so fresh and happy. 
#7-Cute sweater, but I don't like the round straw bag.

#8-I like the red top with the jeans.

#11-That's a beautiful outfit from top to bottom. I love the belted (thrifted) blouse. Who would give away such a pretty blouse?

Thank for sharing!! 

Honored Contributor

Oh I would/could wear any of these styles in a heartbeat! Gorgeous!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love madras!   #1

I have a similar gifted purse that I've never worn. 

Not as intricate, but similar with heat pressed embellishments. 

From an aquaintance's visit to another country which I don't recall, many, many years ago.  #2

Love this look!  #11,   and also  #5

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

As uusual, I'm impressed with their ability to walk on cobblestone streets with spike heels.  

Been there, done that, and twisted my ankle.