Super Contributor

Fashion Favorites (w/e 4/16/22)...

Copy from PBs...too lazy to edit.

My favorite inspiration outfits this week from online browsing/shopping and from some of my favorite fashion bloggers. I couldn't (or wouldn't) necessarily wear any of these, but I like the way they've been styled or some particular component of the outfit. I might put an accessory on my shopping list. Maybe the outfit inspires me to put together something similar from my wardrobe or to try different color combinations. Sometimes, I just love the whole look. Thought I'd share and hope you enjoy...

As always, thank you so much for your comments on these threads! I read them all. I especially enjoy reading why you like an outfit or why you don't and how you might tweak an outfit, or what individual pieces you like.

Apologies for being late to my own party!

DiAnne I agree with you about silk scarves...they tie and drape beautifully, but I still wouldn't want one in a large square haha. I have an oblong shibori silk and a 25" square silk that I love. And, speaking of color, I had to return the spring green blouse I bought (with you as my inspiration), but only because it was just too over-sized. The hunt for spring green continues. I have difficulty with lighter spring/summer colors...they wash me out...but, it's hard to find deeper/darker/saturated colors for spring/summer. It's always something I tell ya! Thank goodness I love black and white haha.

itsmagic Yes! A little bit of unusual!! and artsy!! goes a loooooong way.

tends2dogs I agree. A shawl for warmth is one thing, a humongous bib is quite another. I'm curious...why would you "never wear a blouse under a sweater?"

janeavril Darn it! That VB dress was soooo good.

Wilma I love the neutrals, too. If you try layering under a sleeveless dress, I'd love to know your thoughts on it. I wondered if last week's outfit worked because it was a short sleeve dress or maybe because the blouse was polka dot...? I have a sleeveless jumpsuit that I layer underneath with a tee...idea was given to me by 

@Foxxee  on the Q forum last year. I'll notify you when I get around to wearing it and taking a pic. (BTW, the King is alive! Spread the word! Hope you had a blessed day.)

Hello to greeneyedlady countingsheep and jamandbread (love your avatar)

#1   Would prefer a longer inseam, otherwise she looks great

#2   Oh how I wish I could wear this!

#3   Those shoes?   Maybe with a zoot suit!  Certainly not with this gorgeous outfit IMHO (YMMV).

#5   Normally, I don't like long vests, but this trench version is great...love the whole outfit

#6   I'm surprised how much I love these shoes...magic, maybe for that little bit of unusual!! and artsy!!?  I'd have worn these back in the day for sure.

#7   Yes!  My favorite

#8   She made this, which is why it fits her like a glove!   Proving one of my Mom's cardinal fashion rulez:  Fit is everything.

#9   I'd take up running just to wear this

#13   Love this, but I think the inseam is a bit too long

#15   Love this great shawl

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

~~~11th Commandment: Thou shalt not quote MacDuff's ridiculously long posts; once is ridiculously long enough. Amen~~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Fashion Favorites (w/e 4/16/22)...

Such cute stuff!  I love number one.  Again I have something almost like it (now where is it? lol) The hanbag in number six is everything.  I am begining to like different handbags.  Adds to an outfit.  I too love black and white.  My co workers and I refer to it as our uniform!  And that yellow coat and white blazer!  As always your posts inspire me!!  have a great week!!

Honored Contributor

@MacDuFF 

#3 Your comment... 283917.gif

You showing your age--->zoot suit but, you are absolutly correct!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

#2- Love it. Why couldn't you wear it?

But, ohhh, that yellow coat!! Fabulous!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the blouse in #1. I would wear something like this. The pants are too short; don't care for short slacks or jeans. They look much better in a longer length. 

Why couldn't you wear #2? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

A lot of very pretty things and very nice looks!  My favorite item by far are the shoes at #6!  OMG -- those are just amazing!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Hi @MacDuFF,

I like #2 and #12 the one on the left with the all white jacketSmiley Happy

and though I wouldn't wear this I think she looks great in #10!

Thanks for posting!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I LOVE most everything black and white!  Navy & white for spring and summer, too.

As always, thanks for your post.

Trusted Contributor

Hello @MacDuFF .

My favorite outfit is the second picture in #12. The jacket is lovely paired with the dark pants and tote bag.

#10: my favorite item is that cute dog. 😁

Enjoy your day!

Respected Contributor

I actually liked the entire outfit in #3 - including the zoot suit shoes!  I like the menswear look with that blouse and skirt, entire thing is menswear inspired but so feminine.  I want those shoes......